precision - how much of a chance you have for hitting
vitality - how much life points you have
swiftness - how fast you can attack
Recovery - how fast you regen health
Endurance - how long you can last

-------------------
Player - Item Stats - what skills are needed to use items
-------------------
Weapons - what kind of weapons you can use (weapons add stats or have an attack with them)
Maintainance - weapons degrade over time so maintainance slows that down
Repair - if an item is broken, this skill helps you do it by yourself without aid from an outside item
Demolitions - if an item is explosive, you need this skill to use it
Biological Knowledge - the ability to use an item that needs biological knowledge

Items: Lose quality over time, once they get down to a low level, they start malfunctioning

------------
Player stats - stats the are not needed in battle
------------
Vitality - how much life points you have
endurance - how long you can last moving around(using super speed, flight, teleport, etc drains this)
agility - increases moving speed
haggling - makes items cheaper for you

I really need some more player stats. Any suggestions? More item stats are welcome too.
Sariat wrote:
Stats for super hero bash
------------
Battle Stats - stats effective in battle
------------

Toughness - damage multiplier
protection - damage divider

-------------------
Player - Item Stats - what skills are needed to use items
-------------------
Weapons - what kind of weapons you can use (weapons add stats or have an attack with them)
Repair - if an item is broken, this skill helps you do it by yourself without aid from an outside item
Biological Knowledge - the ability to use an item that needs biological knowledge

Items: Lose quality over time, once they get down to a low level, they start malfunctioning

------------
Player stats - stats the are not needed in battle
------------
endurance - how long you can last moving around(using super speed, flight, teleport, etc drains this)

I really need some more player stats. Any suggestions? More item stats are welcome too.

How about a concious stat for how dizzy/un dizzy you are
In response to Strange Kidd
What will it do? (the conscious stat) and is a player stat?
In response to Sariat
Sariat wrote:
What will it do? (the conscious stat) and is a player stat?

Ya and like if it gets to high YOu can like reverse movement
Why so many stats? If I were you, I would be asking for a method of condensing stats down into a smaller number of them. Think of what MLAAS or Tanks (or any other giant game, in or out of BYOND) would be like if there was a 'stat' for each variable factor of the game!

-Lord of Water
In response to Lord of Water
Lord of Water wrote:
Why so many stats? If I were you, I would be asking for a method of condensing stats down into a smaller number of them. Think of what MLAAS or Tanks (or any other giant game, in or out of BYOND) would be like if there was a 'stat' for each variable factor of the game!

-Lord of Water

Hmmm, any suggestions on what should stay and what should go?

[edit] I thought making more stats would have more diversity in players. One person could have great item usage and boost up their regularstats but stand the chance of malfunction, and another person could have great battle stats but has to be careful with endurance usage.It would be a pretty nice battle.

ST
In response to Lord of Water
MLAAS does have a number of stats. Skysaw calls them skills, but that does change the nature of them. Your rating in each is used in several places to determine your effectiveness in different actions. Weapons determines would correspond to Sariat's Precision. Brawn includes toughness, vitality, and endurance, but Skysaw also has stats for influence and the ability to detect traps. (You may want to add a perception stat, Sariat. ;) )

Tanks obviously has relatively few stats, but probably more than you realize from just glancing at it. I don't bother with precision, because if you are in the way of a missile, you're hit. I do have armor which corresponds to toughness, turret speed for swiftness, repair rate for recovery, and speed. Removing any one of them would change the nature of the game and remove some of the variety. (Well, maybe not repair up, since few people seem to use it.) What would Tanks be like if I had just used one speed stat for both turret and tank move rate?

7 stats aren't that many for an RPG. Each of Sariat's seem to have a distinct function (except perhaps Endurance. Sariat, could you explain what you meant by that one a little better?) I've played commercial CRPGs with 3 stats for speed before! (Wasteland had dexterity, agility, and speed. I was always confused as to which did what. Fun game though.)
In response to Shadowdarke
Endurance is how long you can last using big moves. Like if Captian Amazo was blasting the hell out of me with his fully charged energy beams, he would lose endurance faster. I was thinking they would be stunned for a few seconds after their enduranced reached under 5% of thier normal endurance. I don't know if I should keep this one in. Oh, and using moves like super speed, flight,density control (when going through walls), and teleportation would drain your endurance. So you won't going bamf crazy :P
In response to Sariat
Sariat wrote:
Endurance is how long you can last using big moves. Like if Captian Amazo was blasting the hell out of me with his fully charged energy beams, he would lose endurance faster. I was thinking they would be stunned for a few seconds after their enduranced reached under 5% of thier normal endurance.

Ok, makes sense.

I don't know if I should keep this one in.

I would keep it.

So you won't going bamf crazy :P

NOOOOOOO!
So you like my idea with that many stats? And what would perception do? And is it a player stat or player-item stat or a battle stat?
In response to Sariat
Well, if you don't have hidden items, you don't need to worry about perception. It's basically your chance to spot something hidden. You would probably test perception against the skill rating of the person who hid the item.
Shadowdarke wrote:
Well, if you don't have hidden items, you don't need to worry about perception. It's basically your chance to spot something hidden. You would probably test perception against the skill rating of the person who hid the item.

Hmm, maybe I could use that to spot hidden items and invisible people, or people "camping" behind objects.
------------
Battle Stats
------------

Toughness - damage multiplier
protection - damage divider

-------------------
Player - Item Stats
-------------------

------------
Player stats
------------
perception - the ability to see hidden atoms(invisible players, hidden items, booby traps)
fame = how famous a hero is in relevance to the city, famous heroes get bronze,silver,golden statues place around
depending on their fame
In response to Sariat
Sounds like a complete list to me :)

With that variety in skills you should be able to customize each powers effect(s) well. Meaning, super speed would make you run faster but not necessarily make you attack faster.

For other games I might suggest fusing a few skills but they will go to good use in this game.

I'm drawing a blank as to any other suggestions but I'll let you know if I think of any!
In response to Sariat
What should be the max skill points one would have? I was thinking over 100. Would that last pretty good?