ID:154171

In my game (the western one) there isn't much to do just click and run. I don't wanna make it an epic rpg, just some good modes to fight in. A small game. I was thinking, what would make it more fun to play? Theres arleady a shootout mode. The only weapons are pistols and dynomite. I like the dynomite, the dynomite kills are so funny! So, what would you guys think would make this more fun? I know, what you make is what you get. So I shouldn't expect much from this game, but still, I want to make it kinda fun.

-ST
I'd throw in some way for a player to hide from a shooter...

Like barrels or something to jump into/behind...

And while they're hidden...they can't be shot... But they also can't shoot... So they'll have to reveal themselves in order to get any shots off... And the opponent will have to be ready to fire back at a moment's notice...

This will give it more of a "shootout" feel... Like you see in the movies with both sides hiding behind something and firing when they get the chance...

This alone would probably make the shootout mode more enjoyable...because it would add a bit of strategy... Instead of boiling down to whomever can move their mouse and click the fastest...lol
In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
SuperSaiyanGokuX wrote:
I'd throw in some way for a player to hide from a shooter...

Like barrels or something to jump into/behind...

And while they're hidden...they can't be shot... But they also can't shoot... So they'll have to reveal themselves in order to get any shots off... And the opponent will have to be ready to fire back at a moment's notice...

This will give it more of a "shootout" feel... Like you see in the movies with both sides hiding behind something and firing when they get the chance...

This alone would probably make the shootout mode more enjoyable...because it would add a bit of strategy... Instead of boiling down to whomever can move their mouse and click the fastest...lol

Great ideas! Thanks!
Here's a few suggestions:
  • Townspeople- Just walk around until gunfire breaks out, then run for cover. Kill one accidently and you lose points.
  • Shotgun- Great tool of the Wild West. Can be used with slugs or buckshot. Slugs pack a wallop up to a medium distance. Buckshot scatters and covers a wide area, but loses power after a short distance.
  • Knife- When your out of ammo (or feeling brave) whip this out and just run at your foe.
  • Cowboy Hats- White and black.
  • Sheriff Star- Grab this to call out the posse- a few more six-gun wielding allies never hurt.
  • Indians- Run around and attack all player. Nasty, but worth points.
  • Whiskey- Grab the bottle marked XXX and you just bought yerself 15 seconds of invulnerability pardner!

-James
In response to Jmurph
Good thinking!
In response to Jmurph
We already have shotgun, Sariats just a lazy bum...
In response to Jmurph
Jmurph wrote:
  • > Indians- Run around and attack all player. Nasty, but worth points.

Native americans can be good guys too. What would the Lone Ranger have been without Tonto to guide and assist? A white boy lost in the woods.

Instead of making evil "indians" who just attack anything, why not make them an optional player type? You could give them different hairstyles/headresses, perhaps a few tribes would have the option of selecting a bow or tomahawk instead of a sixshooter. It's still stereotyping, but at least it doesn't cast native americans in a role where the only thing they are good for is being shot at.
In response to Shadowdarke
LOL, "A white boy lost in the woods."
In response to Shadowdarke
Shadowdarke wrote:

Native americans can be good guys too. What would the Lone Ranger have been without Tonto to guide and assist? A white boy lost in the woods.

This reminds me of a joke:

The Lone Ranger and Tonto are out riding in the desert, when they enter a canyon. Suddenly, they hear war cries and drums and look up to the cliffs above to see that they are surrounded by warring indians, arrows drawn and ready to fire. The Lone Ranger looks at Tonto and says, "We're surrounded." Tonto looks at him and replies, "What do you mean 'we', kemosabe?"

lol
lol! I can't remember what kemosabe means....Help?
In response to Sariat
I'm not sure if I spelled it correctly... But it means "friend"...
In what language?
In response to Sariat
Some Native American language... Not sure which one... But it's the generically used "indian" word for "friend"...
make barrels with gunpowder in them so that when people shoot em they blow up.
In response to Jmurph
Jmurph wrote:
  • Sheriff Star- Grab this to call out the posse- a few more six-gun wielding allies never hurt.
  • Whiskey- Grab the bottle marked XXX and you just bought yerself 15 seconds of invulnerability pardner!

-James

• I really think movement needs to be slowed down. It would make things better, I think.

I like the above options. Try some more:
  • Wanted Poster - select an opponent to be hunted down by the sherrif!
  • Babe in Distress - run into her and she follows you. If you can get her back to the salloon alive, you get points!
  • Lasso - Slow down, pardner! You've been lassoed, and you are stuck for 10 seconds. Save vs. fortitude for ability to shoot. (joking)

See you later!

-LoW