ID:154191

Okay, I have figured out a system on how to implement missions/deeds in my game. There are two main types of misisons:

Investigative Missions- you search for clues and once all of the clues are gathered, you "turn them in". Need some advice on how I would do this.

Action Misisons- Action missions are only available when Investigative Misisons are complete. So every time somebody completes and Investigative Mission and turn them in, an action misison is created.

Example:

Detective Do-Right completes the investigation of the robbery at the muesuem and turns in the mission and the perpetratior is Foomer. yes that foomer is always doing bad things in Falarix City :)

So now there is a mission to fight Foomer and Action Jackson goes and beats up Foomer and his minions becuase he is so weak :P

Now, thats all good and fine for good guys. But what about baddies?

Thanks for reading.

ST
You could do the same sort of thing with the bad guys.

Example:

Investigative Mission - A bad guy might hear of the existance of something to steal or a target to assassinate. The bad guy might then have to find out things like where it will be at a certain time and who/how many will be guarding it.

Action Mission - The bad guy now has to complete the actual theft/assassination, chasing down the object/target and taking out the guards.
In response to ACWraith
ACWraith wrote:
You could do the same sort of thing with the bad guys.

Example:

Investigative Mission - A bad guy might hear of the existance of something to steal or a target to assassinate. The bad guy might then have to find out things like where it will be at a certain time and who/how many will be guarding it.

Where would they "pick up" this misison?
Action Mission - The bad guy now has to complete the actual theft/assassination, chasing down the object/target and taking out the guards.

Sounds cool. Should there be time limits?

-ST

Edit: What about my other questions? :P