ID:154196

If I were to make a serious AI library would anyone use it?

Things that would be in it:
Mobs learning from:
you
each other
Mobs Hunting in packs.
Mobs having quarrals with other mobs.
Mobs breeding
and
passing learned behaviors to the next generation.
If the AI library was extremely customizable and didn't hog too much cpu time, I would give it a shot.
I seriously doubt that you could make this, with you being a newbie and all. But if you could, I'm sure there would be people to DL it. I started on something exactly like this but I am to deep in my other project.
In response to ADDiCt
hehe me a newbie heheheehe.

Look I may be new to the byond community.. but I have been coding for 7 years... which means I have been coding sense I was 9

I know:
C++
C
Java
Perl
Pascal
Pipes
VB
Basic (hehe)
ASM for the SNES
ASM for the ti-86.

So picking up DM wasnt really hard.
In response to Winbiko
The feel free to prove me wrong (Coding in all those languages don't really change your status here. Your still a newb)
In response to ADDiCt
ok :) we will see.
In response to ACWraith
I agree, it would have to be very customizable, as a library such as that would not have a use in a lot of games unless you made everything modifyable.
Winbiko wrote:
If I were to make a serious AI library would anyone use it?

Things that would be in it:
Mobs learning from:
you
each other
Mobs Hunting in packs.
Mobs having quarrals with other mobs.
Mobs breeding
and
passing learned behaviors to the next generation.

That sounds like a very difficult challenge, but if it could be done then it's definitely something people would want to use.
This is the sort of project that's perfect to take up in BYOND; even if you fail to make the AI library you wanted, you might have enough code to put together really brilliant monster AI for a game you're inspired to make along the way. It's kind of a win-win.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
That sounds a lot like my third challenge. Although his seems slightly simpler and less advanced. If you want you can read about it at BYONDBwicki and starting points. there is a link to it near there.