ID:154213

I've got a system whereby you can drag around objects to pick up, drop, and move them--you can drag from an adjacent tile to your inventory or vice versa, or just drag from one adjacent tile to another one. The problem comes when dragging from an adjacent tile to your tile; would you find it more intuitive to have that pick up the item, or simply move it underfoot?
I would think it would make more sense to pick it up... that way you don't have to aim true for your character.
Leftley wrote:
I've got a system whereby you can drag around objects to pick up, drop, and move them--you can drag from an adjacent tile to your inventory or vice versa, or just drag from one adjacent tile to another one. The problem comes when dragging from an adjacent tile to your tile; would you find it more intuitive to have that pick up the item, or simply move it underfoot?

In Murder Most Beautiful, I have your character walk to the object, then pick it up, and add it to your inventory. Otherwise, you'd be able to pick up items that you aren't near.
In response to Skysaw
In Murder Most Beautiful, I have your character walk to the object, then pick it up, and add it to your inventory. Otherwise, you'd be able to pick up items that you aren't near.

Not when you've got distance checking on Click() and MouseDrop().
I don't know if this is what you're asking but this may be able to help:

http://www.byond.com/hub/ hub.cgi?qd=hubIndex;hub=1847;channel=1802

Look for the Mouse Demo by me.