ID:154224

I was bored and though, would three dimensional graphics work in byond. asnwer: I dont think so. If you wish to object or try explaining how it would be possible, post.
I don't think 3D graphics are possible in Half-Life, either.

That said, I'll readily admit that Half-Life can get much, much closer. It's not hard to do limited fixed-perspective 3D in BYOND with reasonable efficiency, but even just throwing in too much movement can cause problems even for a single-player game. Writing your own client-server communication system, wherein each client is in fact a "server" running an instance of a client-version of the game, and each communicates manually with a central server running the game's server-code, might offer some excellent possibilities, but from what I know of BYOND's graphics manipulation and typical 3D rendering methods, this approach would still be rather slow at best and not particularly likely to achieve very advanced 3D rendering.
Geo wrote:
I was bored and though, would three dimensional graphics work in byond. asnwer: I dont think so. If you wish to object or try explaining how it would be possible, post.

My game is 100% 3D.

It renders many objects, all of which happen to be scaled down versions of a 10" x 10" x 0.013" square of cardboard with a picture on it, and as seen from directly above.
In response to Skysaw
Heh