ID:154229

Most of the basics for worms is complete so I could use some more input as to where to go from here :)

Right now all collisions are fatal (rocks, other worms, ect.) and each map has a certain amount of food that needs to be consumed before the map will change. There are 4 worms that are allowed at a time, each with its own color.

What I need help on is how to handle the multi-player aspect of it. Should the worms be competing directly against eachother (meaning there is a winner for each game) or should worms just be able to join into the fray at any time to get as high a score as they can?

If they should directly compete then I was going to give each worm 3 lives (can be customized) and once all their lives are lost their final score is calculated and then compared to the other worms final scores. High scores are also saved. Points are given for eating food, reaching large proportions, and knocking off other worms by forcing them to run into you and thus lose a life.

Suggestions, comments? Sometime this week I should be hosting it to get comments and test how much of an impact lag has on it.
have it so when youve collected the fruit that a portal opens to the next level

-nilfisk
In response to NilFisk
Can do :)

I'll also have the maps vary and get harder as you progress. More kinds obstacles and kinds of food will be added as well (with better graphics :p), the current maps are mainly for testing features.
Have it where you die when you hit a rock, and if you hit a worm you get into that entanglement.

Also, you could have rotten fruit, that would do something bad (not sure what :)

thats all i can think of right now..

Good luck!

-Rcet

In response to Rcet
I could have the worms make droppings after they eat a few things then if you eat the droppings your worm shrinks :p
Keep to the faith! Each time a worm eats a pellet of whatever! It grows 1 segment longer. Even though the longer worm will gain the advantage it also makes it just that more important to get the food or whatever.

Also I vote, if anything gets in your way you die. Even though longer worms will have something of an advantage, they also will have a harder time moving around the map and the smaller worms.

Sooner or later Wormster.... there can only be one! ;)

LJR
I forgot that editing doesn't bump the thread so that's what this is. I know you aren't supposed to bump but there is actually lots of new content in the edit :p
Well, do to recent tests I think I'm going to make worms single player only. Lag was just too much of a factor due to the need for precise turning and control. I'll read up on the Dantom.Hublib to look into having Highscores displayed there.

If you have any suggestions or comments I'd like to hear them.