ID:154231

Due to the large size of my game, I'm wondering how would I go about loading it to a map/screen when the player 1st logs on and tells them the game is loading???

I know about locate and how to transport them there, but i'm trying to get at loading in that map before everything else starts to load..

LJR
LordJR wrote:
Due to the large size of my game, I'm wondering how would I go about loading it to a map/screen when the player 1st logs on and tells them the game is loading???

I know about locate and how to transport them there, but i'm trying to get at loading in that map before everything else starts to load..

There was a somewhat unpublicised feature for "HTTP GET" actions -- you can specify what resources you want to download into the game off of a website.

Since I myself forget most of the details, I'll go reference-mining.

(Speaking of mining, I'll have to use this six-month subscription to Star Traders!)
In response to Spuzzum
yeah I saw that.. I'm adding in some sound FXs right now to the game to make it a bit more interesting. Hope you enjoy it! Also the new Sound Intro is getting creppy reviews! :P

LJR
You could browse() a web page that's separate from the .rsc; included it in the .zip when you package the game, and all. It's not the same as a loading screen in the map window, but it's something.

Z
In response to Zilal
Hmmm.. well maybe I'll just do a Flash Window Popup later on, and add in that strange Intro sound I have for my game now!

LJR