ID:154234

I started toying with a system like nibbles but was too lazy to make worm graphics so I just made black dots for each segment. After tinkering with it for a while I realzed it could be used for making a lemmings type system or a game like Ants (where you build your colony, gather food, ect.).

Any suggestions on which direction I should head with it?

http://www.byond.com/hub/English/Ants

That's just the basics of it where some food is on the ground that lets you grow but there is only enough for a few segments. That's what the Add Segment verb is for :p

[Edit]
I added in a little map generator so it places holes, food, and rocks about the map so you can actually play a little bit now. No points or goals though :p
If I could coe as good as you and make that system I think I could make a really good Snake game where you try to eat the most food against others for points without running into eachother. That would be great!
In response to JordanUl
I have Snake! on my cell phone! :P
Having a multi-player Snakes! would be interesting, reminds me of some of the levels in the XBox game, Final Frenzy.

LJR
In response to LordJR
Oooh, man you remind me of back in the sixth grade when I downloaded Snake! into my calculator and played that all day in class. Man English that is what you have to do!
In response to JordanUl
Snakes/Worms or whatever it is then.

I'll have to redo movement a little bit though, right now you can actually move through your own snake by slipping through the gaps. :p (shouldn't take too much)

[Edit]

Ok, it seems to be fixed so all the worm segments move together now. When I went into one of the wormholes it sent me to null space but I haven't been able to reproduce it. If any of you run into this problem please send me a page :)
I'd respond to this, but I'm partial to ants, so it wouldn't be fair.
In response to Foomer
This isn't Olympic judging, bias is ok :p
In response to English
I'd say go for ants instead. You didn't ask everyone, you know. =)
In response to Spuzzum
Two people is everyone :)

Oh wait no it isn't. :p

Actually, worms will only need a little bit of working on to really be finished because by nature it isn't a very complicated type of game (to design or code).

Ants on the other hand might be little more complicated (depending on where I want to take it).

I think I'll finish worms up (for the most part) then work on Ants. No reason why I can't do both.
In response to English
No reason why I can't do both.

I'll see if I can think of one. =)