ID:154235

I want to release an improved version of one of my old games, but I'm so busy these days I don't have much time to work on it. I'm thinking of using the Classifieds forum to recruit coders to create general-purpose libraries for the game (and, as a nifty side effect, for BYONDscape). Any suggestions on things I should consider before posting my solicitations?
Gughunter wrote:
I want to release an improved version of one of my old games, but I'm so busy these days I don't have much time to work on it. I'm thinking of using the Classifieds forum to recruit coders to create general-purpose libraries for the game (and, as a nifty side effect, for BYONDscape). Any suggestions on things I should consider before posting my solicitations?

That you reserve the right to refuse any submission as code until it is cleaned up. =)

That'll be one of my Basic Roguelike World code/mod submission clauses, if and when I ever get around to actually opening up the open-source aspect of it. I'm going to finish the basic framework first, so people know how to tie their code into the whole. If people submit something that doesn't conform to the OOP standards set out by the project, then that submission is extremely likely to be revoked (I won't say it will be completely revocable, though, since I do have to leave room for exceptions). Naturally, of course, I'll welcome improvements to the OOP standards with wide arms. ;-)

(I'm thinking of making BRW's source invitation-only, so I might only allow people to download it if they've actually made contributions to the project in some other way first. O blessed art thou, CareWare!)