ID:154242

I'v been dealing with my chatroom, BYOND Chat-O-Matic, just playing with some of the people who enter, and letting them realease some anger. Now after getting down to serious buisness, I'm trying to figure out a creative way to make it so a person can create their own room. If anyone has any ideas on using vars in a certain way, I'm open to all suggestions, just please help me. This is bothering the cradoodles out of me.

--Kusanagi--
Aim: l33twaffle
email:[email protected]
Kusanagi wrote:
I'v been dealing with my chatroom, BYOND Chat-O-Matic, just playing with some of the people who enter, and letting them realease some anger. Now after getting down to serious buisness, I'm trying to figure out a creative way to make it so a person can create their own room. If anyone has any ideas on using vars in a certain way, I'm open to all suggestions, just please help me. This is bothering the cradoodles out of me.

A room is basically, at heart, a list of users with other properties like a name, topic, etc. This calls for a datum.
room
var/name
var/list/users
var/creation_time
var/created_by
var/list/admins // for this room only
var/password
var/hidden=0
var/open=1 // invite-only or open to all

proc/SayToAll(mob/sayer,msg,isemote=0)
for(var/mob/M in users)
if(M.ignorelist && (sayer in M.ignorelist)) continue
M << "&lt;B&gt;[sayer.name][isemote?"":":"]&lt;/B&gt; [msg]"

I hope that gives you some ideas.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
The problem with that is the if getting in the way, since I have my say modified to check for silence.

..don't feel like posting information..
I too am making a chat program for BYOND very similar to what you have described. Maybe I'll host it sometime...

~X