ID:154267

Thanks for all your input on character classes, I've got a lot of good ideas to work with. Now I need to have special abilities/spells for different classes.

I've got the bases covered like Fire, Ice, and lighting magic but I could use any other ideas for abilities you have.

Basically, what class is your favorite and what abilities/spells do you think it would need to be fun?

I'm not trying to be lazy, it's just nice to get some fresh ideas :)
English wrote:
Thanks for all your input on character classes, I've got a lot of good ideas to work with. Now I need to have special abilities/spells for different classes.

I've got the bases covered like Fire, Ice, and lighting magic but I could use any other ideas for abilities you have.

Basically, what class is your favorite and what abilities/spells do you think it would need to be fun?

I'm not trying to be lazy, it's just nice to get some fresh ideas :)

These are mainly my own ideas andI did not go through any sort of D&D or AD&D book.

Druid
1.elemental based spells, mainly using earth spells
2.Summon (allows you to someone anything of your choosing from bears and wolves and crows, to, if your powerful, green dragons)
3.Polymorph (allows you to take the form of ANYTHING from trees to birds to dolphins to, when strong enough, powerful gold dragons)

Necromancers
1.Raise dead (Summons a skeleton or zombie from a graveyard/dead corpse, stronger you are, stronger it is. higher levels lead to more complicated things (raise the dead in it's current for to serve you like diablo 2))
2.Wraith's Breath (causes a poison blast in a certian area on the field)
3.Death Bond (Choose a creature and whatever damage is done to you, is also done to them)
4.Strength Vampire (Steals a enemys strength and adds it to yours for a LONG time)

Black Mage
1.you forgot earth magic, like a basic could be the rock spell (rock falls on enemy))

(This type of mage is my own creation, you have my use of it and NO ONE else besides me of course)
Hidden Mage (gonna make new name)
1.Mist form (changes into a unhurtable mist, but can do nothing but float away)
2.Can easily evade attacks, runs FAST, and can hide in any shadows, prefers long distance spells, based loosely off what I think a mage and ninja cross would be
3.Can only wear light armors
4.Focus on LONG range spells
5.Spells such as: Chain Lightning, Lightning whip (creates a whip of lightning for your wielding), Dark Arrow (A black stream of light that hits the enemy from afar, goes fast), Mass Blind (Makes any enemy in a large group from afar (preferably a 5x5 tile effect) blinded from a gaint bright light, can also be used to light dungeons), ect.
6.Can walk on water and run over it without falling in, can climb walls, can hide in shadows, ect.
7.Can use most ninja weapons, like the Shurukin.
8.While having slightly lower health than a regular mage/black mage/white mage their tactic is to, of course, keep as hidden as possible and constantly move.
9.Special ability:Meditate, allows you to, if you stay in one area though, gain mp, even when you cast a spell. Needs a certian level to gain it.
In response to Geo
Thanks, those are some good ideas :)

I think I'll make Enchanter a Base class and then have specialized ones under it. This would contain things like Druids, and your hidden magic user.

Just to make sure you know, I'm not going to cut and paste suggestions I get, I use them to spark my own ideas based upon the input I get.