Foomer wrote:
Last I checked, MLAAS held the record.

Just under $50, I think.
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:
Foomer wrote:
Last I checked, MLAAS held the record.

Just under $50, I think.

It will be interesting to see if good arcade games (like we hope DragonSnot and Birdland are) can bring in money, or if only RPG-like games where you can invest long-term improvement in your character bring in money.

I suspect that non-RPGs may have a hard time.
In response to Deadron
Just wait till Kemet goes Beta, and then released! I'm making the RPG with addiction in mind ;) As well as mixing various types of game play and mini-games within the game. Its basically gonna give some people a life in Ancient Egypt. Also I hope education takes a look as this game is taking a lot longer than any normal RPG would. I also am researching each city I make, each item I add, and the maps are taken from actual Ancient Egyptian maps! You guys have no idea of the research involved for my game which adds to the production time. But I also throw in a few original items and fantasy creatures to make it fun, and to become a world of its own.

Also Deadron,
Some people prefer Arcade games to RPGs as they normally don't take as long to play or get too involved in. In my past years as a Game Developer, I've noticed that arcade games with good solid game play, a bit of customization for addiction factors, and so way of ranking the players is a sure winner.

LJR
In response to Gughunter
Gughunter wrote:
How about: 1 BYOuND = 10 BYONDimes (Dannings) = 100 Tompence...

What about 'BYOuro' to keep in the spirit of the new Euro? Hmm, maybe not - it sounds too much like Burrito...
In response to LordJR
"You guys have no idea of the research involved for my game which adds to the production time. But I also throw in a few original items and fantasy creatures to make it fun,"

That sounds like a lot of those movies based on historical events :o)
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
"You guys have no idea of the research involved for my game which adds to the production time. But I also throw in a few original items and fantasy creatures to make it fun,"

That sounds like a lot of those movies based on historical events :o)

He has to do better than the Beautiful Mind movie, where they left out these little facts about John Nash:

- Bisexual.
- Had an illegitimate child he refused to see; and when he did meet him, said things like "I'd like your brother to meet you because it would help him to see that he has a less intelligent older brother".
- Was divorced from his wife for a large chunk of his life before getting remarried to her (the movie just skips that!)
- At his Nobel speech, rather than praising his wife as he does in the movie, he said he wished he wasn't sharing the prize so he could have more money.

But, perhaps as the movie makers claimed they did, LordJR is "finding the greater truth"!

In response to LordJR
LordJR wrote:
[snip]
Some people prefer Arcade games to RPGs as they normally don't take as long to play or get too involved in. In my past years as a Game Developer, I've noticed that arcade games with good solid game play, a bit of customization for addiction factors, and so way of ranking the players is a sure winner.
[snip]

I agree. For instance, I could play an fps like Unreal online any time I want. The level of entry is relatively low. However, online RPGs like UO tend to require a lot of effort... during which they charge you.

I might not be very good, but at least with non-RPGs I am on a mostly even playing field. Also, if I choose to quit playing for a while, I can come back later without losing my place. With an RPG, the more I suck, the longer time I may have to pay for. I don't like injuring both my confidence and my wallet at the same time.

PS: Speaking of injured confidence, Mr Subliminal Capitalization, does GD really need to write UNEMPLOYED on their mailing labels to me? :|
In response to Nadrew
I like BYONDdimes.

I like BYONDbucks.

I like things I can get for a buck.

When you want to make a buck.

Don't pass the buck.

Do it over a few more times.

boxxmaster - an admirer -
In response to Boxxmaster
Boxxmaster wrote:
I like BYONDdimes.

I like BYONDbucks.

I like things I can get for a buck.

When you want to make a buck.

Don't pass the buck.

Do it over a few more times.

boxxmaster - an admirer -

sorry, but that poem reeks!
In response to FIREking
Nice to meet you.
Sorry, Alpha testing phase.
Looking forward to your next release.

boxxmaster - poet:not - perfect:not - FIREking:perfect -
In response to Boxxmaster
mob/boxxmaster
New()
if(FIREking.is == "negative") Foomer.Recommends(src)

proc/Recommends(boxxmaster)
boxxmaster.ignore += FIREking
I love doing that :o)
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
> mob/boxxmaster
> New()
> if(FIREking.is == "negative") Foomer.Recommends(src)
>
> proc/Recommends(boxxmaster)
> boxxmaster.ignore += FIREking
I love doing that
Yeah it reminds me of the time we used to have a chat channel and everyone talked in Binary Code

01101001 10111010 10111111 01100101 10111011

LJR
In response to LordJR
01101001 10111010 10111111 01100101 10111011

That reminds me of the library I wanted to make. Guess what it is. =)
Page: 1 2