ID:154318

When you describe your game, i.e. the little piece of text that appears next to your game in the Games Listing or Games Live! sections, NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER use the description, "a good game." That is just about the absolute worst way to advertise your game. That little tidbit of text is for describing what the game is about, not for you praising you own game.

Descriptions like, "Come join the best game ever that's way better than all those other crappy games!!!!" are a great way to advertise that you are too lazy to think up of a brief, descriptive summary of what your game is all about.

Any description that is only an opinion is poorly thought up, for the most part. "A unique game," or "a game with awesome icons," are not good.

Descriptions like, "Team up with your friends to find the Treasure of Khaki-Ra!" are good. "Come join one of the fastest growing games, in which you destroy your enemies with giant jackhammers!!!" are still good, possibly even better, because it describes the game and gives an opinion. Opinions aren't bad, but they're not as good as a real description.

If you're going to give an opinion, then you might as well give reviews. I saw a game with statements that other people had given on the main hub description, NOT the little one that appears in the Games Listing or Games Live! sections.

Feel free to argue with me!
Hmm.. this should almost go in general @.@ but itd be kinda neat if we could (or maybe we can -now-) link to websites with the description. That way you could build a site for the game, and provide a link to it in lieu of a description text

Elorien
Oh, I know what you mean. It seems that only rip off games such as DBZ carry these "descriptions." This further makes people angry at the creator of the "game" for one reason. Upon reading the "description" such as "want to try the best game? come here!1!!" the user immediately thinks that the creator is one of a few things:

A) Extremely incompentent of writing a decent description
B) Trying to flame another rival game
C) Very annoying

So please, if you are going to attempt to make a game and NOT put a well thought out description on it, then stop right there and rethink your decision.

That is all.
WizDragon wrote:
When you describe your game, i.e. the little piece of text that appears next to your game in the Games Listing or Games Live! sections, NEVER EVER EVER EVER <font color=red>EVER</font color> use the description, "a good game."

As one of my friends says... If you have to say it, it ain't so. That's not strictly true, but it's a good quote to go by.

Z
In response to Zilal
Zilal wrote:
As one of my friends says... If you have to say it, it ain't so. That's not strictly true, but it's a good quote to go by.

The architect Frank Lloyd Wright got away with crowing his own abilities and accomplishments...

But I take it as an accident whereby an immature prig and a brilliant architect got stuck in the same brain.

And certainly that combination caused him some problems...some of his houses couldn't really be lived in (Falling Water), and weren't flexible enough to adapt to changing lifestyles, etc.