ID:154335

Say hello to Mr. TODO List!

Having a To-Do list (often missing a hyphen and called "TODO") is probably the best thing that you can have.

Without a TODO list, I often have problems keeping on track of what I want to have done, when, and why. I'll switch projects suddenly, I'll switch code files suddenly, and the like.

But with a TODO list, suddenly I have three things.

The first is a tangible goal. I can see something on paper, or on my computer monitor. It outlines in a few words what I want to do next.

The second is a design standpoint. Now that I have a goal, I can make educated decisions on each and every thing I need to have to make it work, plus I can insert each and every nifty idea that I want to add to that feature.

And the third is a sense of accomplishment. It is exhilirating to cross something off a list.

So if you're struggling with getting your projects done, a TODO list is your best bet! It works for me, because I'm beginning to make record progress on my games.
Spuzzum wrote:
Say hello to Mr. TODO List!

Having a To-Do list (often missing a hyphen and called "TODO") is probably the best thing that you can have.

To repeat discussion from ICQ...the DDT started using this a little while ago, by adding a notes.dm file to all our projects. This file contains the TODO items for all of us, as well as notes about future levels/functionality in the project.

I think it's been very helpful.
Something I've done in the past deffinately! I still do, but not so much, since I would have a very long one, and I would get often distracted. Usually these days, I've just been taking my time while making games. But I do recommend the TODO list as well!

FIREking

p.s. Sometimes it's a life saver!