In response to Alathon
all i have to say is, you know nothing about me, you know nothing about the games i play, you know nothing about my so called "gaming experience"

lay your argues to rest. Let me put it this way.

Why does FIREking hate Massively Muliplayer Games?

Well rob, may i call you rob? ok thats what i thought ROB. Well ROB, i hate massively multiplayer games because you are part of a whole, but one generic person/player out of 10000 people. More so on that matter, i dont hate them because im not the center of attention. The reason has NOTHING AT ALL to do with attention. The reason is that the game doesnt seem too interesting to me. Why arent they interesting FIREking? Well rob, i would rather go on an adventure with my best friends to slay a dragon, rather than trying to mine x amount of ore to get x amount of mining skill, which prooves nothing later on. Especially when you have so many hack and slash games these days, rob. Further more ROB, i dont feel i need to explain my self any moer at all. Why do i hate those games? Because they are boring, and im not important. Doo you hate them because you are not the center of attention? No i sure dont!

Does that satisfy your needs ROB? If it doesnt, they please, whatever you do, think the opposite of everything i say, and you will do just fine. And even if you want, think that i hate Everquest because its not centered around me. Ya think that, and youll do just fine!

FIREking
In response to Zilal
I think I'd enjoy another game similar to My Life as a Spy, where you build up a character's skills and items, and the focus isn't on killing things.
Well, your in some luck there. Super Hero Bash has a HQ system like MLAAS. Most of the suggestions I gave Skysaw are in/going to be in my game. Here are some notes I have written down for my game:

Overall Gameplay:
- - - - - - - - - - -
Item Stealing: This will rarely happen, maybe once every hour or so. Each team gets an item that they must
protect. While you must get the other HQ's items and return them back to your base.

Example: Each HQ has a piece of a bomb. You could hack into an enemy base and steal their item sneakishly.
You could barge in there like you own the place and kill everybody in sight, while the another member takes
the goods. Security will be top notch if you want to win in this. There will be levels, but that will
determine just how popular you are with the city (there are reporters that report things they see. If you change
into you secret outift/super uniform with one of them around, they snitch off to the presses. Thats the bad publicity.
If you "kill" somebody, the reporter snitches. Once I get the level bit in, the battle system will get much more
level friendly. Well, anyways, back to the Item Stealing. Once one HQ has all the pieces of the bombs, depening on their alignment, the do what they must. If they are good, they disarm the bomb and give it to the Fed's. If they are bad, they blow it up. Either way, the winners get lots of publicity for their Team,and themselves.
- - - - - - -
HQ System
- - - - - - -
Electorial System: People in the HQ can vote for the HQ leader/president the peson that is elected, can be unelected if the rest of the HQ sees fit.

Locker System: Everybody in a HQ gets to use the locker. They can hold items in there.

HQ Battles: HQ's battle each other and the leaders pick who
fights who. The losers lose some of thier respect and the winners get thier respect and the winners each gain the respectpoints.
- - - - - - - -
Level System
- - - - - - - -
Do missions/small quests: You get missions from the HQ(Don't know how,yet)When your mission is accomplished, you get some money and your respect stat goes up. With a combination of the respect stat and your current attributes, that determines when you are ready to level up.
- - - - - - - -
Fighting/Combat
- - - - - - - -
Well, right now, its mostly just click the verb that has your power. If you can attack, that is. Everybody can punch.
What I'm hoping for later, once I get all the "level" system in, is having combat based on your "level". The more
skilled you are in your power, the more frequent you can use it, and the more damage you can do with it.
- - - - - - - -

Thats just some notes that I have written so far in the past couple of days. It should let you SHB fans know whats in store. :)

-Sariat

I love it how people mention their own projects every opurtunity they get. At least i dont advertise my projects as heavily as they do.

I can gaurantee you that if someone asks a question, those people that do that(advertise, and mentions of projects) can some how come up with a way to mention it some way or another!

It really annoys me though, always the same post. My game as that! My game has this! Yep, I understand your problem, which was encountered during the creation of x game. X game has all those things you mention, and its cool too, let me show you.

Please stop this madness!
FIREking

p.s. If this post offends you, dont read it.
In response to FIREking
Well, for one, I cant really say anything about anyone else in this responce, but just from over on babble, I guess you lump me in there.

First off, I dont go around trynig to -advertize-. I mean how could I with an unfinished project *shrug* Secondly, I only bring it up when Im using it as an example. Some ideas are much easier to get across with an example, or even just a reason why you understand the problem. *shrug*

Elorien

ps, if this offends you, then you've prolly already read it, so theres no reason I could tell you not to ^_~
In response to Elorien
Elorien wrote:
Well, for one, I cant really say anything about anyone else in this responce, but just from over on babble, I guess you lump me in there.

First off, I dont go around trynig to -advertize-. I mean how could I with an unfinished project *shrug* Secondly, I only bring it up when Im using it as an example. Some ideas are much easier to get across with an example, or even just a reason why you understand the problem. *shrug*

Elorien

ps, if this offends you, then you've prolly already read it, so theres no reason I could tell you not to ^_~

i wont name names, but you are actually NOT the cause of this post. Continue on my fellow game designers, theres nothing more to see!
In response to FIREking
Well, I don't really like it when people try to make themselves look good by pointing out what everyone else is doing wrong. "They're all a bunch of dopes, but *I* would never do that!"

Last I checked, that was a sign of low self-esteem.
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
Well, I don't really like it when people try to make themselves look good by pointing out what everyone else is doing wrong. "They're all a bunch of dopes, but *I* would never do that!"

Last I checked, that was a sign of low self-esteem.

I just noticed you just did something you dont like. Now I just did that too
In response to Geo
There's a difference between saying, "You did something wrong" and saying, "You did something wrong, but I would never do that!"
In response to Foomer
you didnt mention anything about that, only saying "I hate how people point out bad things in others to make themselves look good". in the end maybe, but I think that looks like a random quote to me.
In response to Geo
Somehow I managed to post about something I didn't mention. I'm sure how that works.
Page: 1 2