ID:154340

In SHB (Super Hero Bash!), I have a 90-97% acceptable HQ system. Its not all that great, but hey, it works :)

Well, I wanted to know how the HQ vs HQ gameplay should be like. I have looked a MLAAS and how it handles HQ vs HQ. I don't want to tottally rip it off, though. :P

Here are some ideas that I have and have been given to me:

Steal things from the HQ, maybe things that are valuable

Keep an eye on the HQ(spying with gadgets and gizmos)- example : have a mini-microphone to listen to what goes on in the HQ.

Frame other super hero's (kind of like wearing a high quality mask in MLAAS, it will change your name to be them and you can wreck havoc amongst the city)

Trap the opposing HQ's(again, like in MLAAS)

And, of course, one on one (or more) battles

Maybe even publized HQ battles where an HQ fights another HQ (duh) one member at a time. Like there are 4 members on HQ A and 4 members on HQ B. They the first member of HQ A and the first member of HQ B fight, and so on and so on. With prizes/cash pools to the winners.

Any other ideas needed. Seriously, I never planned this game out. (Hell, I never plan ANY game out!) I just went with the flow :)

-Sariat

Go with whatever you would like to play. If you like blowing up HQ's and trapping them, go for it. I think it would be cool to only be able to put them across doorways and stuff, like in Spy vs. Spy. I would like to see no guns (handguns, rifles, SMGs.) of any sort in the game. That's what sets it apart from MLAAS.

-On a side note, it kind of stinks to have Invisibility not work correctly when you have clothes on. Also, some of the augmentations are well, useless, compared to other ones. Seeing as you get 6 of them to choose, everyone is the same pretty much.
In response to Mertek
Yes, I agree with the augmentation suggestion. Maybe lower it to 2 or even..gasp...1. Then let the players earn (or be cursed by) more adaptations as the occassion fits.

Like, say I was Super Xoox (which I am, really, don't luagh...why are you luahing? I SHAL CRUS~ ahem...) OK, say I'm Super Xoox and I have super strength and speed adaptations from the lab. Perhaps make quests and puzzles (set up by evil playes prehaps?) that can only be solved by using these "skills".

Like having an obj that is a giant mechanised gilotine, but that chops way to fast for any slow moving player to pass. Me, with my Super Xoox Speedieness (copyright ©2001-2002 Super Xoox Inc.) would pass through unscathed.

Then maybe the next obsticle could be a giant bolder blocking a small cave that has to be moved. It would be a simple matter to toss aside that mere pebble with my Super Xoox Strengthiness! (copyright ©2001-2002 Super Xoox Inc.)

Of course, inside the cave, one would discover some life-changing thing that could besow upon the hero yet another adaptation (perhaps one not found in the lab, like...oh....I dunno...Ghost Form (allowing players to pass through objects and dense turfs and even other mobs (maybe a Posession feature that allows you to control another mob that you share the same location with))

Of coure, I would dish out such nifty features in a humorous fashion...like... After you swat the bolder out of your way you are confonted with a slightly disgruntled mouse with a large "Mutation Ray Gun" and an itchy trigger...uh...paw.

Well, this is getting way out of hand... Just an idea, or three...

~X :-)
In response to Xooxer
Stealing, nada. o_O

Maybe to have stealing actually work, maybe you can buy a security camera for the HQ, lol.

And maybe you can add something like a fake stealable thing, that like explodes for damage when touched?

Let's say they use name change to disguise their way in and wear that person-type's outfit, and they get in unnoticed, and wreak havoc? lolol. Change Name - Nada. The names should be chosen AT START, otherwise, there are players running around impersonating others to make fun of them x_X

Maybe some hqs can be better than others, like some unbought hqs start with something good, etc.

Web powers are really annoying, just so you know. People can web, then, if they have Adamantium Skeletal System, slash them until they die O_o And the person either has to wait it out or use the quick change, lol..

Maybe quick change can be used when absolutely NOONE is around, to save for rp-identity hiding purposes? lol
Okay, Okay. I am following Mertek's advace, and making the game the way that I want it to be played. I will go with the original idea and go with Generic HQ's (or Hideouts as they were referred to in the good ol' days of Super Hero Bash). You can choose to be a loner, also. There will be Secret HQ's/Hideouts that loners/maybe even other members from other HQ's/Hideouts can join. They will cost a fortune (maybe even a dime or two :)) to buy. The other people can join the Secret HQ's too. But it will cost them alot (kind of like losing rank when joining purple in MLAAS).

-Sariat

Lemme know what y'all think.
In response to Hanns
I think mavey even add instead of a HQ/Hideout make it to where you could have a cave if it suits your S_Hero(<- Not a spuzzum library)

like if i had Ratman i would need a Rathole or a RatCave
In response to Pillsverry
Then, everybody would have an HQ and teams would be spread out too thin.
In response to Pillsverry
I think mavey even add instead of a HQ/Hideout make it to where you could have a cave if it suits your S_Hero(<- Not a spuzzum library)

Couldn't you just have written "Super Hero" and saved the trouble of adding the footnote? ;-)