ID:154344

Does anyone have an idea, or even a concept for a simple board game that they don't feel like making? I'm trying to think of one myself, but any worthwhile ideas elude me.
Echelon wrote:
Does anyone have an idea, or even a concept for a simple board game that they don't feel like making? I'm trying to think of one myself, but any worthwhile ideas elude me.

I know it's not the kind of game you are probably thinking of, but why not start out with Checkers? We could use a hubfiles-oriented version of Checkers to go along with Chess...
In response to Deadron
What about a game like Stetego? I always liked that game...
In response to Xooxer
Xooxer wrote:
What about a game like Stetego? I always liked that game...

Now that would make an interesting BYOND game, and it'd be fairly easy to code I suspect. I haven't played it in years, though, and barely remember anything about it except its structure. Of course, intellectual property could get to be a concern.

I'm writing a Risk-like game now called Incursion. It's got some differences that make it unique, which I like, but it should hopefully be similar enough to have the same feel to it.

Lummox JR
HOw about a spoof on Clue? You could have wacky weapons like forks,coke cans, plungers, etc. And you could base some of the characters on the BYOND people.

Example:
Slick Sariat/Sneaky Sariat
Ding-Dong Deadron
Zacky/Zany Zilal
Lutenant Leftley
Sargeant Spuzzum
Telly Tom
Danger Dan

And so on.

You could have a BYOND Mansion to have the game in too.
Maybe something like the not-so-popular Science and Industry* mod for Halflife. There would be different corporations or businesses you could control. Each player would have the choice to start a new corporation, or request to join a current one. From there, the player would be given choices to create guards (different kinds, but the first would only have a briefcase and pistol.)

Each corporation starts with 3 scientists, whom create/invent/discover new technologies. The number of scientists your corporation has increases production speed. You can send your guards to attack the other corporations, sabotage their equipment, or to steal their scientists.

To steal a scientist, the guard whacks them over the head with their briefcase, then slings them over their shoulder. Then they have to carry them back to your building and bring them to Human Resources.

To sabotage the enemy equipment, the guard must infiltrate the enemy building and shoot/hit with briefcase the computers.

Some things that can affect your production speed are:

-Amount of noise in the labs.
-Amount of scientists.
-If you have the Coffee Upgrade.
-If you have the Production Speed Upgrade.
-If your equipment (computers) are broken.

When a project is 70% completed, the player gets the choice to start a new project, which will start when the first one is finished.

The point of the game is to be the corporation with the most money at the end of the game. The game time could be set by the host.

Most equipment choices lead to another choice. Say the Regen Tech leads to Adv. Regen Tech and some of the other augmentations, such as Leg Implants and Muscle Implants. Researching the Grenade and the MP5 could lead to the Rocket Pistol.

Some augmentations/upgrades could be:

-Coffee Upgrade
Makes the scientists work faster.

-Production Upgrade
Speeds up production. +3 dollars per second.

-Manufacturing Upgrade
Equipment is replaced at a cheaper price and faster.

-Regeneration Tech
Guards regenerate health slowly.

-Advanced Regeneration Tech
Guards regenerate health faster.

-Armor Regeneration Tech
Guards regenerate armor slowly.

-Advanced Armor Regeneration Tech
Guards regenerate armor faster.

-Cloning Upgrade
Guards cost less to clone (after they die.)

-Leg Implants
Guards run faster, jump higher, and are not slowed down when carrying a scientist.

-Muscle Implants
Guards get +50 Health Points and 2x melee damage

-Exoskeleton Implants
Guards get +50 Health Points

-Ammo Replicators
Guards' ammo regenerates slowly.

-Advanced Ammo Replicators
Guards' ammo regenerates faster.

-Armor Tech
Guards get +25 armor.

-Advanced Armor Tech
Guards get +25 armor and -1 speed.

Possible Weapon Ideas:

-Grenade
Duh, pull the pin and throw it!

-Silenced MP5
Small, light, accurate.

-Colt 1911 Pistol
Seven round magazine, high stopping power.

-Akimbo UZIs
Light, lots of ammo. Means you can hold two of them.

-M16A2 Rifle
Standard military issue. 3 round burst or semi-auto.

-Sawed-off Shotgun
Double barrels mean double the mayhem. Welcome to mah boomstick!

-Rocket Pistol
Four chambers, four rockets, four dead bodies.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Ideas taken from Science and Industry Half-Life mod. I am a fan of the mod and none of these ideas are mine. I hope they do not sue. I am not any part of the Science and Industry team and am not affiliated with them in any way.
In response to Sariat
Sariat wrote:
HOw about a spoof on Clue? You could have wacky weapons like forks,coke cans, plungers, etc. And you could base some of the characters on the BYOND people.

Gads, that's absolutely brilliant. Clue (or better yet, Clue: Master Detective) would be an excellent BYOND-style board game. People could even use the mini-browser to mark a clue sheet (I'd suggest allowing different marking types besides just X's) and it could automatically record who asked what, and who showed which cards.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Gads, that's absolutely brilliant. Clue (or better yet, Clue: Master Detective) would be an excellent BYOND-style board game. People could even use the mini-browser to mark a clue sheet (I'd suggest allowing different marking types besides just X's) and it could automatically record who asked what, and who showed which cards.

Doing a detective board game has long been on my list of "possible future games"...

What is Clue: Master Detective?
Diplomacy! Diplomacy would be -perfect- for byond *_* And its a great game too! XD easy to learn, almost impossible to master XD its great!

Elorien
In response to Deadron
Deadron wrote:
What is Clue: Master Detective?

C:MD is like the regular Clue, but with more rooms, more suspects, more weapons, and slightly different rules concerning movement. The movement rules are much better. For instance, you can keep moving through a room, counting it as one space, instead of stopping there. There are also "snoop" squares where you can see a card from an opponent's hand (their choice), though these are tucked out of the way.

Lummox JR
In response to Xooxer
I don't know what Stetego is, could you explain to me how it works?
In response to Echelon
Echelon wrote:

Stratego is a little like blind chess. You have different types of pieces that can move various ways depending on their number, and only you can see the number on your own piece. You set up your pieces as you like, then begin the game. Strategy comes in by making some pieces appear to be something they are not, so a scout that can move two spaces may look like a different kind of unit until it moves 2.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Echelon wrote:

Stratego is a little like blind chess. You have different types of pieces that can move various ways depending on their number, and only you can see the number on your own piece. You set up your pieces as you like, then begin the game. Strategy comes in by making some pieces appear to be something they are not, so a scout that can move two spaces may look like a different kind of unit until it moves 2.

Yep. For the official rules you can check here (as this person copied them directly): http://www.inficad.com/~ecollins/stratego/stratego-rules.htm
In response to Spuzzum
I couldn't have said better myself. :-)
In response to Mertek
Any thoughts on my idea at all? It can't be THAT bad.
In response to Sariat
Sariat wrote:
HOw about a spoof on Clue?

Shh!

Quiet, you fool!
In response to Mertek
Too complicated for me, for right now, that's all.