ID:154349

What do you guys, I mean people, think of the idea of a world where battles are constant and the people (mobs) are 1 tile but their bots, which they use most of the time are 3 long. I was wondering if this was a good idea because the direction of the 3 long mob is giving me problems. I mean how would you do this:
East:XXX
North:X
X
X
and so on. The only idea I've come up with is to have him actually be a square with the other parts not visible till the user turns. But that gives us some bump() problems now doesn't it, unless they all have legs that are one space big to cover up those extra squares (kind of like an ant).
Another thing is that the users are going to transisting back and forth alot, will that give some problems, or will be confusing?
The last thing is: Would it be a good idea to have the user be able to control multiple mult-tiled mobs, this brings back the other problems and a new problem, how to control them while controlling you.

p.s.
I was going to put this in code problems, but I thought it better suited here.

sincerely,
Unimatrix (founder team trimatrix)
unimatrix wrote:
The only idea I've come up with is to have him actually be a square with the other parts not visible till the user turns. But that gives us some bump() problems now doesn't it

I use the approach of a square, with a couple of the tiles being dense, and I don't worry much about inconsistencies when they turn in certain directions and such.
In response to Deadron
ohh duh,that's right the multi-mob can be an object so I can turn of parts of the mobs density! ThankZ!
In response to unimatrix
ThankZ!

Okay!

Thank you, Zilal!