ID:154352

I was thinking of starting a new game does any one have any ideas i would like some

Unix
Build a game where you design a creature, setting various traits at creation time such as size and diet, stuff like that. Each trait should have advantages and disadvantages. For example:

Size, a large creature wouldn't be easily overcome by preditors, but would also have to eat a lot more to sustain energy.

Diet, plant-eaters (simple term) would have to spend more of their time eating, because plants give them less energy. Meat-eaters on the other hand, only need to catch one prey that can feed them for days (maybe), but it's catching that prey that is difficult and they're not always around like plants.

Just little things like that.

And you should have a large list of icons to choose from when you create your creature, too.
In response to Foomer
Ill do it think of a name me no good with names
In response to Unix
Call it "Zeomorph".
In response to Foomer
Ok
In response to Unix
Well since you got your answer I am just gonna go off the subject. Foomer I thought you quit BYOND, or you just dont play games? Thats what I do :)(dont really play and just look around)

Stealth2k
In response to Unix
if ya made a game like that i would be a tiger or monkey. I can 't think of a name,soz.
In response to Stealth 2k
I quit byond, I only play my own game when Xooxer hosts it (kinda Seeing it off), and I played Kemet once to talk to Xooxer and LordJR. I haven't actually programmed anything since I mentioned I was quitting, so yes, I've quit. I only hang around the forum when I haven't anything better to do, since I still know enough to throw bits of code around at people.
In response to Foomer
Hey Foomer, dude you should come check out Morte these days. We need some oldbie influence, these newbies suck ass. They run around complaing to admins when they get looted or get killed by monsters. We need some of the old players from back in the day. If you want to, go check out the site HouseofMorte.cjb.net and apply for the Alpha Testing... Good luck getting in though I've heard it was full. Maybe Kine will make an acception to an oldbie.

-Raven-
In response to Raven01
I'm not interested in playing Morte, I quit for a reason. If they want better players, they should put a little more thought into who they allow to join the Alpha testing. Byond will clear up eventually to make room for decent players.
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
I'm not interested in playing Morte, I quit for a reason. If they want better players, they should put a little more thought into who they allow to join the Alpha testing. Byond will clear up eventually to make room for decent players.

Hey, I am a decent player :)

I would rather play games with people who are more interlectual and friendly than all these people who go running around cursing and saying:

"Hey dude this game is s**t!"
"Hey this game sucks!"

These kind of comments go to my game too, the one I am currently working on. But the people that say these are people who cannot make a game and dont nkow nothing about coding. The guy that said this to me admitted he didnt know how to code a game but he did say he could do better.

He ended up staying for awhile and looking around the map and After awhile of running around he calmed down and started talking as there wasnt any battle system in so he couldnt attack nothing ;)

<font color="grey">-~=</font><font color="#FF0000">Lee</font><font color="grey">=~-</font>
In response to Mellifluous
Things like that are the biggest reason why I'm not interested in building anything around byond. The players are just downright awful, at least the vast majority. It's not worth the effort to build an elaborate game and have people come in and say "How do I kill stufz?" "Weres the attack verb?" "Oh man this game sucks balls" "where the f*** did you rip these graphics from?"

This is why I prefer games without public channels. It's also the reason most of my games contained things like dungeons and infinite forests; good places to put people who will only ruin your game.
In response to Mellifluous
If you enjoy that sort of atmosphere, join Knight's Ditty when you see it. We get some great roleplaying, and anyone who is seriously out of line is made into a watcher or booted. KD has saving and loading now, too! Yipee!