In response to Vermolius
it wont be DBZ just beacuase a Guardian has a cape/thing you cant see his face in
In response to Super saiyan3
I don't even know what this thing your talking about looks like so I don't think I could make it :>
In response to Vermolius
Who's "Nandrew", and why haven't I met him yet?
In response to Nadrew
If anyone is willing...
I would be very thankful if someone would help me draw icons, probably anything you can draw I might find a use for unless its something from modern day (a jet, car, or skateboard ect.)
I basically would like someone to help with all the icons ill be needing :)
I can do it by myself though don't get me wrong, im not wanting someone else to do all the work (if someone else does all the work then it would be their game not mine)
Vermolius wrote:
I have an idea for a game with Guardians of the elements (no not the 118 elements of the periodic table of elements but the elements such as fire earth water ect.)

You mean, no molybdenum guardian?! How could you?

-AbyssDragon
In response to AbyssDragon
lol
okay how about a mineral guardian that stands for all the elements :>
In response to Vermolius
So no Guardian of Ytterbium, either?

And I'm guessing there's no Magical Castle of the Lanthanides, either?

-AbyssDragon
In response to Nadrew
Okay I have the guardians worked out.

Fire Guardian - Dragon
Water Guardian - Hydra
Wind Guardian - Pegasus
Earth Guardian - Dwarf
Life Guardian - Don't know yet ( can't have this as your guardian)
Death Guardian - Main "Bad Guy" of the game...

guardians form a prism

----Life---
Fire-Water-Wind-Earth
---Death---

use your imagination to picture the prism :> can't really draw one very well on here
In response to Vermolius
Vermolius wrote:
If anyone is willing...
I would be very thankful if someone would help me draw icons, probably anything you can draw I might find a use for unless its something from modern day (a jet, car, or skateboard ect.)
I basically would like someone to help with all the icons ill be needing :)
I can do it by myself though don't get me wrong, im not wanting someone else to do all the work (if someone else does all the work then it would be their game not mine)

ill be helping ya :)
In response to Wing Zero 666
thanks
In response to Vermolius
What about Space / Time? ^_~

Maybe design it so you can master an element, and then start off new on a new one. The old one would still affect stats, but wouldnt be summonable in a fight. Then after the second one is mastered, depending on which 2 they choose to take as thier guardians, have space or time open up.

Have space and time rather powerful, but make them -extremely- hard to use and train with, just to give the player some feeling of movement when they do learn something ^_^;;

Another thing that Ive been trying to add into my little engine in progress (OKAY, so I havent had time to touch it since september >.<;;;; ) is the idea of combo attacks. An example of how it woulda worked (or will when I get around to it) is as follows;

Say you have a warrior and a mage. The mage just happens to be of teh house of fire (fire elemental). The mage casts fire -on- the warrior, but against a player all it would do is set a timer. If the warrior hits a mob during that timer, instead of his usual attack, it would proc a fire-slash kinda thing, dealing more dmg then if he was just attacking alone, and a hell of a lot more if the mob was adverse to fire.

But it wouldnt just have to be player to player to mob as a combo. Another combo could be 2 mages working side by side. Say take a mage of the house of wind (wind element) and a mage of the house of earth (like I even need to say it >;P) The wind mage would cast something that would pic the mob up offa the ground (it be interesting to get a graphic to do that @.@ but anyways) Then (quickly) the earth mage casts a turf based spell that causes the turf to grow spikes for a moment. Then the mob falls on the spikes. Which while I havent done that myself, Im sure it would hurt more then just having spikes pop up beneath you, or falling from a ways up o.o;;

Anyways, those are just a couple of my ideas ^_^ use them or not if ya want

Elorien
In response to Elorien
Elorien wrote:
But it wouldnt just have to be player to player to mob as a combo. Another combo could be 2 mages working side by side. Say take a mage of the house of wind (wind element) and a mage of the house of earth (like I even need to say it >;P) The wind mage would cast something that would pic the mob up offa the ground (it be interesting to get a graphic to do that @.@ but anyways) Then (quickly) the earth mage casts a turf based spell that causes the turf to grow spikes for a moment. Then the mob falls on the spikes. Which while I havent done that myself, Im sure it would hurt more then just having spikes pop up beneath you, or falling from a ways up o.o;;

I love your magical combo idea. Fae Domains allows for this and I hope to include it in an online version as well.

In FD though, linked mages can also blend their elemental affinities together. Instead of the one-two combo of one spell followed by the other, two or more linked mages can cast unique spells that require both elements. For example, an earth mage and a wind mage working together could cast a sandstorm.
In response to Shadowdarke
yeah those are good ideas but would be somewhat hard to code, ill try it though.

one question I have is to make players humans and slowly progress into the beast that their guardian is, or have characters be a smaller version of the beast and grow parts of it as they give the exp to the guardian.

Also I will think about the time and space guardians if you could come up with a good animal or monster to be them
In response to Vermolius
Hmmm... animals for space and time @.@

Well, given that space and time arent actually -seen-, then I personally dont think they should -have- animals. Make them more spiritish then the others. And then have the abilities you get from them work -indirectly- so you can make them that much more difficult to use.

For instance, Space could have an ability that teleports you. Time could have one that slows down a mobs lifecycle. Just my thoughts tho ^_^

Elorien
In response to Shadowdarke
*nodnodnods* that was gonna be part of what I was gonna make too (not that exact spell, but oh well). Cept itd be difficult to pull off so indirectly.. Itd be easier for one to cast thier spell on the other, who would then cast the second spell to activate the combo.. IE The earth mage could cast some kinda sand spell on the wind mage, would would then cast a storm spell to scatter the sand, making a sandstorm.

I know your prolly saying 'It wouldnt be hard to code it so you had to cast both spells at -once- to get the effect' but remember lag and such @.@ Im sorry to say that byond normally handles lag pretty baddly @.@ *L* ^^;;;

Anyways, laters

El
In response to Elorien
maybe have a spell that you cast on another mage, that will open up an new tab for a bit with new spells that are combinations?
In response to Vermolius
That -would- work.. For my game tho I wouldnt do that. Id have the combos work in the background, so the player has a feeling of accomplishment when they discover one that works ^^ Id prolly have npcs you could talk to that would drop hints on stuff that would work tho, so the players wouldnt be -completely- in the dark tho.

Elorien
Page: 1 2