ID:154358

For the game I'm creating, I want to host it online (so that the player's can't host it, and also so the scores can be sent to the hub[eventually]) but I don't want the users to be able to see each other. (It's a solo game)

[EDIT]
Is there a way to do this? or is ther a better way to do this? If so, I'd love to hear it.

I just thought of this, how about having the user host it, but setting visibility to 0 and checking to see if there is already a client in the game. If so, don't let anyone log in. Would that work?
Evilkevkev wrote:
For the game I'm creating, I want to host it online (so that the player's can't host it, and also so the scores can be sent to the hub[eventually]) but I don't want the users to be able to see each other. (It's a solo game)

[EDIT]
Is there a way to do this? or is ther a better way to do this? If so, I'd love to hear it.

The better approach is to let players download it, but with these items in place:

- A check that keeps a second player from logging in. (Very easy to do.)

- Some client-server code that communicates high scores to a dmb on the server. Also very easy to do (DragonSnot does this). For an example, see:

byond://Deadron.ClientServer

You really don't want a solo game where everyone is playing on the server.
In response to Deadron
Read the DragonSnot forum. I posted a small suggestion