ID:154359

I was pondering one day, as to how exactley the default procs/variables work...

Im thinking they are actually coded in the byond language, but i could be wrong. I've always wondered what the code to opacity looked like. And I've also wondered how things like Move() work as well.

I think it would be interesting to see the code to the defualt procs if they are written in the DM language. If not, it would be nice to see a proc that has the similair purpose, and does the same thing....

FIREking
Im thinking they are actually coded in the byond language, but i could be wrong. I've always wondered what the code to opacity looked like. And I've also wondered how things like Move() work as well.

I'd guess that they're not written in DM, but rather, in special built-in code that's optimized to make things run as fast as possible. Opacity is probably coded into Dream Seeker itself. I think Dantom generally tries to avoid providing built-in commands for things that can be coded in DM -- though there are some exceptions, like missile() and get_step_to().
I'm curious too. O, Dantom...

Z
In response to Zilal
I asked about a year or two ago if they could create examples of what the hard-coded (i.e. machine-code provided) procedures of BYOND would look like in soft-code.

No replies yet.