ID:154380

1.) Is there a way to change font and background colors inside statpanels? **IF not I believe this would be a valuable addition in further updates**

2.) Is there a way to add background pictures into the stat panels? **IF not I believe that this too would be a valuable addition in further updates**
SonVegitto wrote:
1.) Is there a way to change font and background colors inside statpanels? **IF not I believe this would be a valuable addition in further updates**

2.) Is there a way to add background pictures into the stat panels? **IF not I believe that this too would be a valuable addition in further updates**

No, and no. And these have been suggested many times.

Personally, I would love to see at least some basic html capabilities.
In response to Skysaw
Hmm... I wonder how much it would slow a game to send a page to the browser instead of to the statpanel in Stat(). So far in BYOND games, people have used the brower for fairly static data. If you make a simple HTML hit point display that updates every 8 ticks, would it be any slower than the same in a statpanel?

You could make your own tabs or even a tree display with well organized Topic links.

I'll have to experiment with this some... if my primary system ever finishes it's scan disk. 18 bad clusters so far :(
In response to Shadowdarke
Shadowdarke wrote:
Hmm... I wonder how much it would slow a game to send a page to the browser instead of to the statpanel in Stat(). So far in BYOND games, people have used the brower for fairly static data. If you make a simple HTML hit point display that updates every 8 ticks, would it be any slower than the same in a statpanel?

You could make your own tabs or even a tree display with well organized Topic links.

I'll have to experiment with this some... if my primary system ever finishes it's scan disk. 18 bad clusters so far :(

Not a bad idea, actually. Might not be too good for stuff that is constantly changing, but for things that change only every so often (basic stats), it might be nice.