ID:154383

I know a couple of you have played my game(i saw bonzi in there myself ), and im at a stopping point, nearly out of ideas. I am wondering if any of you can give me some constructive critisism (no dbz flaming i know its a dbz game, but i never once claimed it would be the best or even close to the best. I just make it for the fun of it, and i love dbz). Its called DBZ/GT Saga v1.4A, if any of you could just deem it a glance to see if you could give me any comments at all on the way i coded it, and maybe some advice of a better way of doing it(I dont consider myself a newbie anymore, just a beginner. though thats really up to you)Im not telling any one of you to go look at my game, just maybe you could put the gameing differences aside(dbz) and just help me out a little. (just as a side comment i usualy work on something 3 to 4 hours before i post for help on it). Wow this is getting to be a long message, point is, if you have the time please stop to help a fellow byonder. thanks for taking the time to read this plea for help.
my critisism for you, that i can make totally without even looking at the game is, create your own game with your own ideas. dont use someone else's ideas such as DBZ games or any game for that matter. Plus, if your game isnt like dbz at all(a likely thing for someone that makes dbz games for byond), then why does it contain the name DBZ?

i know what your response is going to be, and i know that someone is going to be mad about what i said, but its what i think, and thats all that matters.

you asked, and you receieved.

FIREking
Jotdaniel wrote:
I know a couple of you have played my game(i saw bonzi in there myself ), and im at a stopping point, nearly out of ideas. I am wondering if any of you can give me some constructive critisism (no dbz flaming i know its a dbz game, but i never once claimed it would be the best or even close to the best.

I logged into the game, and found myself completely lost. As a totally dbz newbie I really wanted an introduction and an (interactive) tutorial how to play the game. I got stuck in a house too, couldn't get out. I punched some pbags, and realized that I got the same experience all the time. I think you should make the experience equation more intelligent. Punching the same thing over and over will only make you better up to a point.

The world seemed a little empty as well. Remember that the game won't be crowded with people all the time. So try to put in some NPC, and perhaps a story that makes you want to stay and play the game even when you can't fight online players.

A couple of suggestions. Good luck with your inspiration!

/Andreas
In response to Gazoot
I see you point, and yes it is a little empy, perhaps ill make a verb with an explanation of how things work. Im notoriously bad at making stories, and i would feel a little awkward trying to add a story onto a copywrighted "thing". But anyway, thanks for the help.
In response to FIREking
If you will look, thats the type of message that i didnt want, and asked not to post. If thats all you can say, dont say it. Im not mad at all, just stop telling me that i shouldnt make a dbz game, if the people who owned it would make more games for it, we wouldnt have to. Though i do have to say, its getting a little tiring of seeing 20 different copies of dbgt genesis on the hub at once.
Jotdaniel wrote:
I know a couple of you have played my game(i saw bonzi in there myself ), and im at a stopping point, nearly out of ideas. I am wondering if any of you can give me some constructive critisism (no dbz flaming i know its a dbz game, but i never once claimed it would be the best or even close to the best. I just make it for the fun of it, and i love dbz). Its called DBZ/GT Saga v1.4A, if any of you could just deem it a glance to see if you could give me any comments at all on the way i coded it, and maybe some advice of a better way of doing it(I dont consider myself a newbie anymore, just a beginner. though thats really up to you)Im not telling any one of you to go look at my game, just maybe you could put the gameing differences aside(dbz) and just help me out a little. (just as a side comment i usualy work on something 3 to 4 hours before i post for help on it). Wow this is getting to be a long message, point is, if you have the time please stop to help a fellow byonder. thanks for taking the time to read this plea for help.

This is why we say not to make a dbz game... It's just gonna be stuck on the hub collecting "cyber" dust...
In response to Jotdaniel
I have played your game for some hours. At first it was fun but gets old and is the same ole same ole after a while. Here are some suggestions.
PVP:
When two people fight each other they die really fast(within a second or two) and its basically who is the fastest clicker or who hits their macro button the fastest. Maybe add more defence or more HP.
Another thing that would help that is someone could choose to "defend low","defend high" or "evade ki attack" where if someone tried to do a kick and the person is "defending low" the kick gets blocked but if the person punched it would land. Im sure you could come up with your own ideas on that also. This would add alot more tatical stuff to the game and make KI attacks usefull too.

When the fight ends maybe just make the looser get nocked out by default but not die and if the winner wishes to end that persons life he must do a KI attack.

I got tons more ideas, ill post them later.
In response to BurningIce
At least i havent quite, like to many others. and i did get a few new ideas.
In response to Bombg
how whould you code that?
In response to Jotdaniel
Bad at making stories? You sure RPed well last night at my text engine testing... I would think you could make a good story also!