ID:154385

An around the world coding event. Make a list for each category, action, adventure, strategy, etc... and have poeple sign up for the category they want by placing their nam on the lists. Then everyone on said lists can brainstorm a basic game idea, which is started by the first person, and passed to the next, who adds their own little something. Let this go on until either the end of the list, or the game is finished...
Xooxer wrote:
An around the world coding event. Make a list for each category, action, adventure, strategy, etc... and have poeple sign up for the category they want by placing their nam on the lists. Then everyone on said lists can brainstorm a basic game idea, which is started by the first person, and passed to the next, who adds their own little something. Let this go on until either the end of the list, or the game is finished...

That will be good, just as long as none of these "DBZ" idea's go into it.

Otherwise we might be able to pull together and make a really cool game, even though we might have to get the higher skilled coders to actually make it.

Lee
In response to Mellifluous
Well, I was thinking this would be more for the oldbies, but if you have the confidence, I'm sure you could add something of value to the game... I imagine the DB crowd would fail, simply becuase of the lack of motivation, inspiration, and persperation....and also most likely they'll just end up argueing about who's copy of who's code should be included... heheh...
In response to Xooxer
Xooxer wrote:
Well, I was thinking this would be more for the oldbies, but if you have the confidence, I'm sure you could add something of value to the game... I imagine the DB crowd would fail, simply becuase of the lack of motivation, inspiration, and persperation....and also most likely they'll just end up argueing about who's copy of who's code should be included... heheh...

I agree lol, I will try to help out if you "oldbies" (as you class it) would let me :-D

I will try my hardest to help where I can.

As you know I am still working on my game, but people do call it, as I found out when I hosted it, but who cares, it isnt even 1% done hahaha. As you already know and afew other people know too that I am taking my time with this game as I dont want it to be ruined :).

Lee
Xooxer wrote:

I like that idea... but time isn't on my side as of late.
In response to Xooxer
I really like this idea. True, I probably could not help out much with the programming part but I know I can help out some other way.
That's a neat idea... I actually thought of doing something like this at one point, but I got pessimistic and figured sooner or later someone would change it in a way I didn't like, and then my effort would have been wasted. Besides, I have too many of my own game ideas as it is!

In response to Gughunter
Gughunter wrote:
That's a neat idea... I actually thought of doing something like this at one point, but I got pessimistic and figured sooner or later someone would change it in a way I didn't like, and then my effort would have been wasted. Besides, I have too many of my own game ideas as it is!

Well yeah, but so long as it was kept an informal, lighthearted effort I think it'd be OK. Granted, no one would be too likely to turn out any masterpieces through this method, but it might end up creating a few neat little games.
In response to Leftley
Well yeah, but so long as it was kept an informal, lighthearted effort I think it'd be OK. Granted, no one would be too likely to turn out any masterpieces through this method, but it might end up creating a few neat little games.

The Zilalian Gugglesnappers versus the Spuzzumian Beasts of Leftopia!

...Hey, that might be interesting...