ID:15440

Look out Zeta/Rebirth/Elysium rips!!! Dragoball Sagas is coming soon!!! This game will put all the rips out there to shame. It's 100% original(I'm talking about Icons and code for those that wanna get technical) and will really emphasize the story behind the series, making it the perfect balance of player-versus-player and player-versus-enviroment. You will not spend countless hours punching a speed bag or lifting weights until you can shoot ki out of your hands, because 1, that doesn't make sense at all, and 2, that's boring. You will level on fighting alone. The game will start out in the future when you decide that you want to become one of the strongest fighters ever. So you decide to borrow bulma's time machine to travel back to the time when Goku was alive so that you could get a few tips from him. Well you go back and find yourself in the Raditz saga and in order to learn every attack you'll have to work your way through the sagas. At anytime you will be able to go back to the future and try your might against other players(the future is where all pvp will be held). And then once you've beaten the sagas, you can train by fighting players in the future.

Here are some unique features that you will find only in this game:

1. A targeting system:
Tired of having to choose who to shoot a ki attack at from an input box? Well if you buy a scouter in this game you will have the option of targeting a mob.

2. Planetary Destruction(Future Only):
In the future you'll be able to get loads of EXP by destroying planets. This will make it seem more like the series but it will be very hard. You'll have to charge your attack for 2-3 minutes in order to launch it at a planet and even then it might not be successful. Players on the planet that is going to be destroyed will be alerted and will be able to attack you.

3. Guild Houses for everyone(Future Only)!!!
Every guild will have their own guild house where they can meet and do whatever they please.

4. Frequent Budokais(Future Only):
Budokais will be hosted by the game every hour or so. You'll have a chance to compete for a load of Zenni and even gain some experience. Players will also be able to host their own Budokais.

5. Universal Travel:
Earth will not be the main map in this game. This game will be universal meaning you will be able to go to planet Vegeta or Namek or Yardrat or whereever you please and do whatever you please. For example, You'll be able to go to the Saibamen Farm on planet vegeta and train with saibamen of all levels. Each planet is useful for something unlike like in other games.

These have just been a few features. There will of course be more. We are currently halfway through the Raditz saga and we do have a ways to go, but good games take time.
It sounds cool can't wait to play ^_^V
Right...
Wait for the source to be released.
The source wont be released.
Well for starters, you can't have a 100% orginal game, because it is already based off a series done by a offical producer and/or coperation. So no, it isn't 100% orginal.

Now if you say it isn't a Zeta rip of any form, I will just wait and see for myself. We get lots of people like you, telling us how great your DBZ game will be and then it never comes out, or it is just a Zeta modification.

Me, myself, I used to be very big into DBZ. Hell, if it wasn't for me, Dragonball Elysium would have never existed in the first place. But I feel BYOND has just seen way too much of it. It was because of this I just recently deleted any BYOND DBZ related stuff off my PC so I wouldn't feel like coming back to it later on.
You say you'll have to wait and see whether my game isn't a rip or not and then you classify with the rest of the so-called "game-makers". That's pretty contradictory considering that I'm pretty sure you can't read the future.

Here's the thing. My goal is to draw people's attention away from any form of Zeta rip. Just because everyone else has failed doesn't mean you have to come down on me.

Of course I do realize I will be creating alot of hate between myself and the "rippers" but once again I feel it's my duty to rise above and beyond(or BYOND :P) the rest.

So I dont know what the point of your last post was, whether it was to discourage me or just to piss me off, but the game will speak for itself when it's out.

P.S. I'm surprised a big fan of DBZ such as yourself isn't encouraging the making of a good game.
Good DBZ games always fail. They get ripped, somehow or another.
Mediocre DBZ games fail. This is what I'm talking about. If those games woulda been good, the source wouldn't have gotten out, they wouldn't have died away and lost all their respect after the source got out, and they would have been smart and taken the neccesary measures to get their source off the internet. It's all about what you put into it. Considering I'm the only coder and host, it's impossible for the source to get out unless I put it out myself. But that's okay. I've said it once and here it is again: I won't speak for my game; It'll speak for itself.
I am simply speaking the truth.

We get like 3 people like you every 2 or 3 weeks.

"Hello BYOND I am going to make the best, Non-Ripped game ever!"

And then they go on to describe what they are going to do and what is going to make their own game so damn unqiue and awesome.

And then they get so caught up in the "idea" of their game, they get ahead of theirselfs and then get discourage when things are not going their way.

Another thing I have seen is players actully starting a game that has potental and then stopping because they are not getting enough fame.

This is largely due in part to the fact that once DBZ players play a game, they get attached to the staff and players and game

A good example is how I started Majins and Mystics Remastered back almost 3 or 4 years ago. We started a player base, it grew and to this day, games assoited with the orginal get a fantastic player base and they igonre all other games, why else do you think Jose would get such a fantastic player base for a ripped game?

Some players won't give your game a second glace and when you see that your "100% orginal" game isn't getting more players then the fucking "Top 10" ripped game you are going to get all mad about it.

You didn't exactly read what I said the first time.

It is impossible to have a 100% orginal game when you make a fan game. It has nothing to do with ripping a source code. It is simply the fact that the game is based off a series (you take ideas form that series, a series that are not yours.) And you will be taking ideas for a series that is widely used on BYOND, so even what you might think is orginal might have been done already.

That said, you don't have to steal a game to not make it orginal.

What kind of duty do you have again? A duty? Like do you think you are some sort of god damn hero all of a sudden? All I see is a lot of "doody" coming from you and it shows in your lack of thinking in some of your game ideas.

"Planet Destruction" has been a idea that fans have thrown around for a long time and it isn't done. Why? Because, in theory it could be a good idea, but when it hits the game, it causes total havock.

What is going to happen when a pirmary planet is destoryed and you got like 50 players on that planet? Not only is having like 50 players all sent to another area at once going to cause lag, but it will cause congestion on that area.

And then what happens when that planet is gone? It just respawns? That is ridiculous in itself even for a BYOND game.

What is going to happen when all planets get destoryed? Are you simply going to suddenly say, you can;t destory the last planet?

And what about player abuse? No matter what you do, that system is going to be prone to player abuse. You are going to get some sort of crazy power leveling player that is 100X stronger then anyone else on the game and they are just going to destory and destory and destory just to make everyone else pissed off.

Yeah your right, the game will speak for itself if it ever sees the light of day.

You are right, I am a big DBZ fan, I own the orginal, uncut, uncensored import editoins of Dragonball, Dragonball Z and Dragonball GT along with all the current movies, I own all the current PS2 titles along with the Sony PSP titles.

Being that big of a fan is exactly the reason why I come down on posts like this.

BYOND is already full of DBZ game, it won't matter what you do with it, the community itself has had enough of it for quite sometime and when it comes to the point where even big time DBZ fans like myself get sick of it, that is a clue to everyone that maybe they need to cool down on the games for awhile.

The series is great and BYOND games are much less then compaired to the series itself and in the end, its best left alone and not made into a fan game.

I've been around and I've seen all sorts of games around here, I've played almost every single Dragonball themed fan game that has hit BYOND. Some of then fantastic with 100% orginal graphics and game play, in game physcis that made me applaude the game creator (Legend of the Dragonballs) and now it hasn't been hosted or even news of a update in like I think over 2 years.

So you can see why I am pretty damn skeptical.
Okay firstly, I never once said my game would be the best. In fact, I never opinionated it's quality once. So what you are telling me basically when you say there are enough DBZ games is that you are satisfied with the ones that are out there?

You shouldn't care about how many are out there. You should care about the good ones which amount to none at the moment.

You get people like me ever 2 or 3 weeks huh? Do you even know me? Do you know anything about me? No? So how the hell can you compare me to a single one of those hopeless failures?

I'd like to say one more time that just because you are a failure doesn't mean you have to drag me down. How about you not run your mouth and see what happens for once? Is the possible?

Keep in mind I dont give the slightest peice of shit about what you, Jose, or anyone else is doing with your DBZ games. My number one priority is to get mine out. I DON'T CARE if others have failed.

Also, I'd like to remind you that player/staff relationship is built over time. I realize that myself and will not be let down if it takes a while for it to get going. I know the meaning of persistancy.

And then you try to insult me of all things? I lack in game ideas? Here it comes dumbass. The solution to your little problem with the planet destruction system is very obvious. Maybe this is the reason for your lack of success with DBZ games? WHAT DID THEY DO IN THE SHOW?!?!?!? They wished their planet back with the Dragonballs. Of course it would probably be a good idea to have the planet respawn after a while in case it doesn't get wished back. I also was very articulate when I stated that it would be very very very hard to destroy planets. I also said it would take a while for the attack to charge and the people on that planet would be warned. Der der der der. What dumbass would stay on that planet if they see it's gonna be destroyed? They will either fly up and kill the attacker, or get to another planet. Thats just logic man. I was also very clear when I said there wont be a primary planet.

"Being that big of a fan is exactly the reason why I come down on posts like this."

And who are you again? To me, just a failure who is trying discourage others where you were unsuccessful. You are no one to come down on anyone.

"Another thing I have seen is players actully starting a game that has potental and then stopping because they are not getting enough fame."

So what are you saying? My game has potential? Shouldn't you be encouraging it then?

"Yeah your right, the game will speak for itself if it ever sees the light of day."

Oh, your saying it doesn't have potential? YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE FUCK YOU ARE SAYING!!! You are just posting whatever comes to mind so as to discourage me from doing what has to be done.

Think about it this way. What if my game was put out and I implemented every feature I said I would and more? Would the game be good? Thats what you should be thinking about when you decide to judge someone's choice of project. And then if you think it will be good you should ENCOURAGE them.
In my opinion, you are threatened by my ideas. I could be wrong but if thats the case it's because you think its a good idea. But doing what you're doing probably contributes to why some of the others quit. Don't get me wrong. They were weak for letting you get to them, but so are you.

Build
Your
Own
Net
Dream

That's what BYOND stands for. And this is my net dream.

But enough defending my game. I've got work to do.

Well said o.o
I support you now <_<
I wish you luck. :)
You may have some support, good sir, yet you seem a little to stuck up. Things you say, like "So how the hell can you compare me to a single one of those hopeless failures?", makes you seem like a total asshole. I don't see how they are "hopeless failures" seeing how some of them a fairly large player base. Infact, these 'hopeless failures' may even be better then what you come out with.

Remember, games aren't about all these 'sparky coolio uber features', they are about having fun.
I apoligize if I came across as a jerk to you. I may have gotten carried away trying to prove my point, which was that I have the determination it takes. I guess I overemphasized it. But keep in mind that player base isn't everything. Dragoball games have a high player base solely because of the series. Most of those games are rips and have had very little if any effort put into them at all. If they had then they wouldn't have had to steal the icons/code from other games. So don't let it fool you. The games are for the most part poor quality despite their popularity. DBZ fans just dont have anywhere better to go.

Build
YOUR
OWN

Net
Dream
You can quit the BS, Kireis. I know your type. I've been like you before, unfortunatly.

The game you're going to create, which appearantly is because it's "your duty", will only contribute to spam the hub with DBZ even more.

It isn't your duty to stop the DBZ games. They can't be stopped. As long as they're on the hub and people are allowed to make them, then they won't be stopped.
I don't give a damn about the "build your own net dream" crap. The game you make may be your own, the ideas you're taking on aren't.

People like you disgust me. You all come in hordes going "I'm going to end all of the rips!" not realising that you're in fact helping them by increasing the amount of DBZ games even more.
If you want to play a DBZ game, please, goto Raekwons versions or something. I don't know which versions are out there, but something has to be out there which is decent. If you want to get "GM powerz" and go abuse, then you, like all other DBZers out there, are completely out of your mind.
Hey Kireis, if you ever watched the series, you would know a few things.

1. Only Nameks Make Dragonballs.
2. Only Earth and Planet Namek Ever Had Dragonballs.
3. If the Namek who made the Dragonballs die, the dragonballs become worthless.

That being said how are you going to get around that little barrier you dumbass?

You could let players make Dragonballs, but that would give them too much power.

You could make shit up, and then you would be like all the rest.

Or you could do somethign else.

And then there is the problem in the likely event all the planets are destoryed, how the hell anyone would find or even make dragonballs.
I've already talked to you once before about this Android Data. In the forums. My key was Teris then. One don't call my project BS cuz you don't know shit about me. If your problem is the spamming of DBZ games stop being a little bitch about it. I dont care about "RABAGDBZGG". Spam shouldn't restrict the good games from being published. And there are idiots like you and Shades who say "I know your type". YOU DON'T KNOW ME IN THE SLIGHTEST. Most of the other kids out there that decide to make a DBZ game usually can't code or anything. Thats the reason they fail. I guess some people are just afraid of what would happen if a GOOD DBZ game did get out. One that couldn't be ripped.

I do realize the rips will always be there but it would be easy to make them not as popular with some hard work.

And this whole time I've been talking about hating rips and your suggestion is to go rip Raekwons game? NO! Just shut the fuck up for that. You dont want DBZ spam and yet you encourage me to go rip other games as the solution?

Most of you guys don't realize I'm actually paying to get this game finished. So don't unto my page and try to tell me who I am.
Kireis he was telling you to go Raekwon's game, because he was one of the first games to come out.

Also if you are trying to call me a faliure in the Dragonball Z fan section area, you must be sniffing glue.

I ran and matained a game for almost 5 years before I finally game it up. During that time we had a fan base of over 120 players at times and had a average rank of 20 or less. In that time we also made some substancal money from fan donations to keep the server up.

I don't consider that a failure at all. I just wanted to better myself and do something else then Dragonball Z.
Player counts and ranking mean next to nothing anymore.

*Points at DBTC and DBEO
Page: 1 2