ID:154400

Heya ^^ I havent done much coding recently, but an idea just popped into my head and I need an answer to know if its possible ^^;;;

Uhm, is it possible to make verbs so thier useable to client, but -not- show up in the verb statpanel?

Elorien
Elorien wrote:
Heya ^^ I havent done much coding recently, but an idea just popped into my head and I need an answer to know if its possible ^^;;;

Uhm, is it possible to make verbs so thier useable to client, but -not- show up in the verb statpanel?

Well, yes and no. You're looking at the 'set hidden = 1' verb setting, but the problem is that hidden verbs must be typed out in full...
In response to Spuzzum
I like to set verbs that I want to hide but still be easily accessable to go to a verb category called "hiddenverbs". I then hide the stat panel hiddenverbs, and poof! Problem solved!
In response to Greener Pastures
Greener Pastures wrote:
I like to set verbs that I want to hide but still be easily accessable to go to a verb category called "hiddenverbs". I then hide the stat panel hiddenverbs, and poof! Problem solved!

That'd be neat if it worked, but removing a stat panel does not remove a verb category -- they're two very different things.
In response to Spuzzum
Oh... ^.^ I never tested my game yet.

Is there a tutorial for how to make those bar things so you can show people their health and stuff?
do this

mob
Stat()
statpanel("stats") // makes the tab "stats"
stat("health:",hp) // shows health
In response to Nebathemonk
duh I know that, I want to make a little bar, lemme show you:

--------------------------------------
|====================== |
--------------------------------------

See what I mean?
Yup. There's a demo that I made that does just that. You might wanna take a look.

<----
In response to Spuzzum
So your saying that I -can- make verbs that dont show up in the verb panel?

Sweet ^_^

Im hoping to implement a graphical emoticon system, and if I can set a verb to :) and have the face of the mob smile, then if I had to have the verb in the statpanel itd get rather full rather quick @.@ *L*

Thanks ^_^

Elorien
In response to Elorien
Elorien wrote:
So your saying that I -can- make verbs that dont show up in the verb panel?

No, I was replying to Greener Pastures about his meter question... sorry!
In response to Spuzzum
But I thought at the beginning of the thread someone said that I could with a hidden thing or something @.@ *gets all confused*

Oh well.. if I cant hide the verb, then I could prolly just turn it all into one verb that has different arguments for it for the different emotes @.@

Elorien
In response to Elorien
Elorien wrote:
But I thought at the beginning of the thread someone said that I could with a hidden thing or something @.@ *gets all confused*

Yep, if you set a verb as hidden

mob/verb/blah()
set hidden = 1

then the client will actually have to type out "blah" in full to access it. It wouldn't appear in the statpanels though.
In response to Spuzzum
Dont they have to type out the entire thing anyways?

And for this I dont think that having to type it out would be a bad thing. With differences of only oen character between some emotes, having shortcuts could get messy
In response to Elorien
Elorien wrote:
Dont they have to type out the entire thing anyways?

Nope. Hit F1 in Dream Seeker to learn about verb completion. =)
In response to Elorien
Elorien wrote:
Im hoping to implement a graphical emoticon system, and if I can set a verb to :) and have the face of the mob smile, then if I had to have the verb in the statpanel itd get rather full rather quick @.@ *L*

You might want to check out the s_smiley library and EmoteCheck demo. They check through regular say text and react to emoticons found inside. It would be a simple matter to make the mob smile instead of posting a smiley in a bubble or in the text window, once you understand the basic concept. :)
In response to Shadowdarke
True, I did look over it breifly.. Personaly though I dont really like using other peoples libraries, even if they are meant to be used ^^ I like to code it myself, so I can be sure that its consistant ^^ Nothing like going back to edit something that -should- be simple, only to find that the way its writen out isnt anything like the rest of your code @.@

Elorien
Elorien wrote:

There are three things you can do. If you want no verb statpanel at all, you can make client/show_stat_panel = 0.

If you want only certain verbs not to show up, you have two options. In those verbs, you can put: set hidden = 1, which will keep the verb from showing up either in the panel or in "expansion" -- that's when the player presses a space and some green words pop up on the screen showing what verbs or targets are available.

The other thing I can think of to do is put: set category = "Verbs" in the verbs you *don't* want to hide, then set client/show_verb_panel = 0. That will create a new statpanel with the verbs you don't want to hide in it, and hide the default verb panel with all the rest of the verbs in it.

Z
In response to Zilal
I did not work for me
When I set show_verb_panel = 0, it does not show ANY verb panel, default or not
Can you please gimme a better explanation?
In response to Zilal
You can also set category = null and they won't show up on the verbs panel.
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
You can also set category = null and they won't show up on the verbs panel.

Heh. Took you guys long enough :P
Page: 1 2