In response to Polatrite
What I want to do is to hide only one verb panel
How do I do this, please
In response to Leahn
Don't create it to begin with?
In response to Leahn
As was stated, find the verbs you want absent and set their category equal to null. The category var is where the name of the verb panel is set. If you set it to null, there will be no name and no panel. In other words, null is the one verb panel you are looking for so use it. (It might not please you that you can't name it something creative, but nobody would ever see the name without the panel anyway.)
In response to ACWraith
Setting the category to null is not what I need to. You arr not getting the point. I am sorry if I it is getting longer than it should. I don't want to hide verbs. I want to hide panels. As I saw in a lot of games here, there are some panels that only appear under some circunstances or situations. How do I do that?
In response to Leahn
That is done when a verb is added to the verb list and that verb has a category:

mob
verb
add()
set category = null
usr.verbs += /mob/verb/subtract
subtract
set category = "Subtract"
usr.verbs -= /mob/verb/subtract
In response to Leahn
Leahn wrote:
Setting the category to null is not what I need to. You arr not getting the point. I am sorry if I it is getting longer than it should. I don't want to hide verbs. I want to hide panels. As I saw in a lot of games here, there are some panels that only appear under some circunstances or situations. How do I do that?

Actually, setting the category does indeed hide the panels while still allowing verbs to be seen in the text window when hitting the space bar. However, you don't want to hide the panels. You want to add and remove them. That's a big difference and not what you originally asked.

You can directly add and remove verbs from a player's verbs list. You could also try toying with the set src options. (For instance, set src in view(1) will make the verb not show up unless the player is one tile away from the object with the verb.) Either way, the category will determine which verb panel the verb goes into. If a player does not currently have a panel for a verb's category, a panel will be added when the verb is added. The panel will be removed when the player no longer has any verbs in that category.
Page: 1 2