ID:154406

Does anyone else think that we should have another Month of Whatever where everyone creates a game of a similar type?

No, I won't accept any copyrighted type of game as a type. =)

Myself, I'd be partial to a Month of Strategy Games... i.e. real-time or turn-based empire building games, and stuff of the sort.
Spuzzum wrote:
Does anyone else think that we should have another Month of Whatever where everyone creates a game of a similar type?

Myself, I'd be partial to a Month of Strategy Games... i.e. real-time or turn-based empire building games, and stuff of the sort.

I second the strategy game idea I would like to see a AOE type of game I have been a bit to busy working on my other projects to work on "Kingdom of Darkness" which is one of my lesser known game which is building up to having similer game play to AOE.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Spuzzum wrote:

I second the strategy game idea I would like to see a AOE type of game I have been a bit to busy working on my other projects to work on "Kingdom of Darkness" which is one of my lesser known game which is building up to having similer game play to AOE.

I agree, AOE would be a good game on here, and I think that Spuzzum's idea is a good one :)

Lee
Spuzzum wrote:

I thought it'd be fun to have a little Halloween game contest, only when I first thought of a Halloween game it was already October, I was in the middle of another project, and I know it'd take me a couple months to put out anything decent anyway. Maybe now would be a good time to get started on a Christmas-themed game.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:

I thought it'd be fun to have a little Halloween game contest, only when I first thought of a Halloween game it was already October, I was in the middle of another project, and I know it'd take me a couple months to put out anything decent anyway. Maybe now would be a good time to get started on a Christmas-themed game.

Hmmm... Tanks: Halloween edition and Tanks: Christmas edition? Would those count? :)
In response to Shadowdarke
ShadowDarke if u did that what would be added or tooken out?
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Spuzzum wrote:

There was a disscussion a while back on making holiday themed game and a idea was brought up about making a game where you can go out in a costume and trick or treat,or you could stay at a house and hand out candy. The costumes would be picked by the user and if you wanted yo sell candy you would have to buy the kind you wanted with a set amount
of money from the candy store. Does anyone else remember this idea being brought up? I was still a newbie when it was,I believe it was brought up in the forth of July posts.

Yes, something along those lines would be an excellent idea! And in fact, soon there will be a... well, I dare not say too much.
Spuzzum wrote:

I vote for a Month of Chatrooms, because I'm insanely lazy and have too much to work on anyways. :P
In response to Lummox JR
I'd prefer to avoid topics that wouldn't be doable for people who, well, don't do that kind of stuff.

Focusing on Genre's or whatever rather than 'certain people specific themes' would be better.
awwww c'mon if u wanna play a REALY GOOD strat game (darkness and my opinion anyway) play artifact....

http://www.samugames.com/artifact

:) the faces in this fon't don't look as evil as the ones on ICQ....
In response to Seto
Seto wrote:
awwww c'mon if u wanna play a REALY GOOD strat game (darkness and my opinion anyway) play artifact....

http://www.samugames.com/artifact

:) the faces in this fon't don't look as evil as the ones on ICQ....

Yup Yup Yup I am downloading it now and in another 2 hours I can play.
Spuzzum wrote:

I have a strategy game to propose to the DDT, and if we did such a month (and if they like the idea!), I'd use it to try and get an Alpha done much faster than we usually get our games to Alpha!
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
I'd prefer to avoid topics that wouldn't be doable for people who, well, don't do that kind of stuff.

Focusing on Genre's or whatever rather than 'certain people specific themes' would be better.

I dunno, I think chatrooms would be much more doable for people who are getting started.

But, the original concept behind the Month Of is that the more experienced designers make their own games that conform similarly to the genre at hand.

The Month of Classics, for example, created a couple mini-games, some of which blossomed into full-fledged productions like Dragonsnot.
Or possibly Game of the Month

Such as, a box pops up in dream seeker at the end of the month, that allows you to draft, and vote for games you think were the most played and favored game of that month.

**Possibly seperate categories**

Also on that same note, possibly a Gamer/Coder of the month, which may be rewarded with A Trophie near their name in identity, or near their game.

I like your idea of gaming stand offs, but i think this would be a good effect too. Most places have [person] of the month. Such as work places, schools, and some other public places.
In response to SonVegitto
I like your idea of gaming stand offs, but i think this would be a good effect too. Most places have [person] of the month. Such as work places, schools, and some other public places.

I think it would breed competition and flame wars, myself. Besides, that's what the Contests are for. =)