ID:154408

Well as you can all see I'm using my new Key, but the point here is that I need a name for this new game that I am going to create, any idea's would be appreciated, as at the moment the only idea's I have are:

1)The World as we know it

2)From one genration to another

3)Hopeless as One

As you can all see clearly, my idea's on the names of games stinks increadibly, so thats why I asm asking you people out there if you have any good names for an RPG/Adventure, and if so could you please tell me them?

Lee
Dont worry, I already told you it is not going to be a DBZ Game or anything in it with DBZ stuff.

The game that I intend to make is like UO.

Lee
In response to Mellifluous
Mellifluous wrote:
Dont worry, I already told you it is not going to be a DBZ Game or anything in it with DBZ stuff.

The suitability of a name depends a lot on the game. You may want to start coding to see how much like UO it actually is. (It won't be isometric, of course, but I have no doubt some really great RPGs can be done with BYOND as it stands right now.) You should really just get working on it, and worry about an official title later. For now call it something cheesy.

When your game nears completion, I suggest you consider names that fit the scope and theme of the game. Is the RPG mostly above ground or below? Combat-oriented or more skill/trade-oriented? How interactive and "permanent" is it? These questions should help guide you to a good name.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Mellifluous wrote:

The suitability of a name depends a lot on the game. You may want to start coding to see how much like UO it actually is. (It won't be isometric, of course, but I have no doubt some really great RPGs can be done with BYOND as it stands right now.) You should really just get working on it, and worry about an official title later. For now call it something cheesy.

When your game nears completion, I suggest you consider names that fit the scope and theme of the game. Is the RPG mostly above ground or below? Combat-oriented or more skill/trade-oriented? How interactive and "permanent" is it? These questions should help guide you to a good name.

Lummox JR

Ok, thanks Lummox :)

Lee
Hmmm

1) Realms of Fantasy

2) Eternal Age
In response to SonVegitto
SonVegitto wrote:
Hmmm

1) Realms of Fantasy

2) Eternal Age

Realms of Fantasy sounds good
In response to Evil_SSJ4Vegeta
Evil_SSJ4Vegeta wrote:

I'd bet a tooth that's taken. It must have been used by someone, somewhere, before now.

Still, "realm" is a good word you should consider for a final title if your game is going to even come close to the scope of UO. The word has a broad, expansive feeling to it that conveys the sense of being part of a large world or kingdom. A good rule of thumb would be to combine that with an archaic or made-up word that adds a quality of mystery or wonder.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Evil_SSJ4Vegeta wrote:

I'd bet a tooth that's taken. It must have been used by someone, somewhere, before now.

Still, "realm" is a good word you should consider for a final title if your game is going to even come close to the scope of UO. The word has a broad, expansive feeling to it that conveys the sense of being part of a large world or kingdom. A good rule of thumb would be to combine that with an archaic or made-up word that adds a quality of mystery or wonder.

Lummox JR

Ok

Making games other than DBZ is really good, I think this might turn out to be a good game :)

Only thing is I have to really work on my spare time :)

Lee
How about "Fiefdoms of Light"?

Maybe, "The Green Stronghold"?

Or, even "A Place of Flames".

It really depends on your game!
In response to Evil_SSJ4Vegeta
Evil_SSJ4Vegeta wrote:
SonVegitto wrote:
Hmmm

1) Realms of Fantasy

2) Eternal Age

I'd stay away from any of the words "Realms," "Fantasy," "Eternal," or "Age," as any combination thereof just sounds like so many other games.

Try something completely unheard of, like "Death Be My Friend," or something you know hasn't been used.

Just my opinion.
In response to Skysaw
Skysaw wrote:
Evil_SSJ4Vegeta wrote:
SonVegitto wrote:
Hmmm

1) Realms of Fantasy

2) Eternal Age

I'd stay away from any of the words "Realms," "Fantasy," "Eternal," or "Age," as any combination thereof just sounds like so many other games.

Try something completely unheard of, like "Death Be My Friend," or something you know hasn't been used.

Just my opinion.

Ok thanks Skysaw

Sounds like a really good idea too, I'm gonna take up on that :)

Lee
In response to Skysaw
Skysaw wrote:
Evil_SSJ4Vegeta wrote:
1) Realms of Fantasy

Just my opinion.

How about 'ego et rex meus', which is latin for 'I and my king'?
In response to Ernie Dirt
Personally, I think it's easiest to just name the world and go with that name as the game name.
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
Personally, I think it's easiest to just name the world and go with that name as the game name.

But then I'd have to rename The Haven Seed to "Dalania".
In response to Spuzzum
Maybe you should just rename your world "Haven Seed" instead :oP
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
Maybe you should just rename your world "Haven Seed" instead :oP

Rename the new planet to the name of the object that brings you there? That'd be strange. =)
In response to Spuzzum
"The Haven Seed Planet"
Why not call it "Not DBZ!"???

But seriously, you can call it "My wonderful world with a name to be decided sometime in my wonderful and successful life. But it would not be called DBZ for obvious reasons. If you do not know the reason, please take a look."

You can also call it "Earth?".
In response to sunzoner
sunzoner wrote:
Why not call it "Not DBZ!"???

Well thats just a stupid name to call a game so I wouldnt think of calling a game with a name like that.

But seriously, you can call it "My wonderful world with a name to be decided sometime in my wonderful and successful life. But it would not be called DBZ for obvious reasons. If you do not know the reason, please take a look."

I could yes...but...why would a game have such a long name?
Having such a long name for a game normally puts the player off the game so such a huge name is not necessary.

Too many DBZ games class their planets as "Earth" so one thing my new game is not having is a planet named "Earth".

Lee
In response to Mellifluous
Mellifluous wrote:

Too many DBZ games class their planets as "Earth" so one thing my new game is not having is a planet named "Earth".

You're right, a planet called "Earth" is obviously a DBZ concept. Better stay away from a race called "humans" while you're at it. ;)
Page: 1 2