ID:1544102

This post is specific to client-sided macro creation.

All of this was done in The Last Conflict.
Currently, I am trying to bind mouse controls to buttons on my keyboard. The example I will use is dragging Nitrogen Rounds onto a Grenade Launcher to change ammo type.

I have tried both .mouse-drag and .mouse-drop, but for the purposes of this post, I will only mention .mouse-drop .

.mouse-drop Nitrogen-Rounds Grenade-Launcher does not work.

I have read that the code version MouseDrop() requires location variables; however, a different command .click Antidote works without specifying a location.
When you're referencing methods like client/Click() and client/DblClick() you're specifying arguments directly after. That way, when you pass .click Antidote through the command line, it's actually calling client/Click(Antidote).

To this means, you'd need to define the necessary arguments within client/MouseDrop() for it to work. I'd recommend checking the reference for more information.
By only typing .mouse-drop, I can get dialog boxes that list the various options for each argument.

I select Nitrogen-Rounds for the first (since it's the src_object), Grenade-Launcher for the second (over_object).

The third and fourth dialog boxes (arguments), which should be the src_ and over_ locations, have the same 4 choices. 2 of them are labeled and I know are incorrect, The first one is " and choosing it for either location returns an error saying that \" is not valid. This means that my only option for both locations is ----.

At this point the command looks like .mouse-drop Nitrogen-Rounds Grenade-Launcher ---- ----.

After the location arguments, I am prompted for 3 sets of numbers. I assume these are parameters since src_ and over_ control require text (referring to http://www.byond.com/docs/ref/skinparams.html).
Considering that only numbers are allowed, I have judged this to be xyz coordinates. Selected "None" will allow the command to pass, but do nothing.

For .mouse-drop Nitrogen-Rounds Grenade-Launcher ---- ---- # # # , do i need to substitute in the coordinates of the src_object, over_object, or something entirely different?
Check the game's interface files if you need data regarding the proper element names for both src_location and over_location. It should help point you in the right direction.