In response to SonVegitto
As usual, Son, your reply addresses nothing that I actually said in my post. In order to maintain a sense of continuity, then, here is my reply to your post:

Yes, the Emperor of Moldavia is wearing a cheese bugel on his head. Give me more nitrogen flavored cream cheese, please. I have no tolerance for weevils.
In response to LexyBitch
LexyBitch wrote:
As usual, Son, your reply addresses nothing that I actually said in my post. In order to maintain a sense of continuity, then, here is my reply to your post:

Yes, the Emperor of Moldavia is wearing a cheese bugel on his head. Give me more nitrogen flavored cream cheese, please. I have no tolerance for weevils.

You forgot:

The cookie monster is coming home for dinner tonight shall we cook a chair for him to eat? The dog climbed up the tree to fetch his slippers.
In response to SonVegitto
SonVegitto wrote:
What I was saying "In short" is that there are alott of people that complain and disrespect people whome use the dbz storyline to make a game out of, due to the large amount of dbz games recently. While on this same note, these people too make games based upon pre-created and used storylined from different popular shows.

Not to get anal, here, but if you're going to make the distinction between "who" and "whom", you should use whom only where it fits, and for crying out loud spell it correctly. If you don't know how to use the word "whom", then don't; linguistically it's pretty much optional at this point, so a person using it wrong comes off as pretentious.

Also, I don't think our dislike for DBZ games is entirely due to their overwhelming numbers. I think it also has a lot to do with the pointless unoriginality in copying something as lame as DBZ. Yes, it's lame, and copying it is lamer. For all I've heard DBZ fans talk about "good story", it grows ever clear to me that they wouldn't know a good story if a hard-bound copy Lord of the Rings was slammed shut on their nose. The story of DBZ may be complex, but it ain't deep.

Also, just because you cant make an origonal plot, that you shouldnt make a game, and i stated that if you wish to that you shouldnt copy one game in existance to make another with, But i believe it is ok to use the basic idea of it while you design it to fit your needs, as you can see, no one has perfectly followed a storyline or the exact plott of the series, it is edited to fit a game based on it, I know that many people name it dbz and use people, attacks, places, etc... but it isnt exactly copying.

Copying names, places, etc. isn't copying? The attacks that are unique to the DBZ universe are duplicated under the exact same names, and that isn't considered copying?
The problem here is that DBZers aren't out to design good RPGs; they're out to design good DBZ games.

I myself am not encouraging, but on the same note, I am not disrespecting the people that try, because in all, it is just a game, and many people still play it, satisfied, and to me, a game that makes the players happy, meets the expectations.

Actually, DBZ is a series, not a game, and BYOND is a game engine.

Lummox JR
In response to Deadron
Deadron wrote:
Skysaw wrote:
Do you have new information? If Patrick McGoohan isn't involved in the production and writing, it will probably be crap.

There's a Prisoner character in L&D (and was in the classic) and may be a Prisoner-inspired weapon. So I'm campaigning to get Guy to watch the series...I think he's about to crack!

Anyway, unfortunately these days McGoohan's involvement doesn't guarantee non-crap. He directed and starred in his 4th Columbo a while back, and it was a total absolute piece of crap, including his directing and acting.

Well most great artists eventually run out of inspirational steam, so I guess Pat's no exception. Still I'm sure he would at least try protect a lot of his original vision from the usual hollywood crap-piling.

We certainly don't need him acting in the movie (though a short cameo would be nice), but we might need him to say "no" to the pretty-boy megastars and gratuitous explosions. I just hope he'll get some pull (he is co-producing I read)
Page: 1 2 3