ID:154419

If i was to use this code**This is a part**

usr.icon = 'invisable.dmi'
M:overlays += usr
usr.overlays += M

Would that give both people control of one mobile?
SonVegitto wrote:
If i was to use this code**This is a part**

usr.icon = 'invisable.dmi'
M:overlays += usr
usr.overlays += M

Would that give both people control of one mobile?

What on earth gave you the idea that it might?
In response to Skysaw
Well, the idea just popped in, dunno why i would ask but it just had to be asked in my mind.
That would make one mob look like the other mob, and the other mob look like a failed merge between the two.
Ok, no clue why i put this in for an example. but is there any way to make 2 different clients have control of 1 mob? Im kinda stuck on this **And please if you are gonna put in a warning, please put a way of doing this along with it**, i know what i want, i just need some help with it.

Thanks
SonVegitto
In response to SonVegitto
SonVegitto wrote:
Ok, no clue why i put this in for an example. but is there any way to make 2 different clients have control of 1 mob? Im kinda stuck on this **And please if you are gonna put in a warning, please put a way of doing this along with it**, i know what i want, i just need some help with it.

Thanks
SonVegitto

There is no really easy way. Yes, it's possible, but not in the way you think.

You just need to make another mob, and then move one of the players into that mob (mob.key = player.key). Then, set up client/Northwest() and all of the relevant procs will do the same thing to whatever mob it is attached to.

It's more work than I'd be willing to mess around with. And, I know why you want to know how, so I'm not going to bother. =P
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:
You just need to make another mob, and then move one of the players into that mob (mob.key = player.key). Then, set up client/Northwest() and all of the relevant procs will do the same thing to whatever mob it is attached to.

Couldn't you just overide the controller mob's Move() proc to move the shared mob? It would be a lot easier than modifying each directional proc.

And, I know why you want to know how, so I'm not going to bother.

Heh, that's why I didn't post the first time. Besides SonVegito is just as good if not better than any guru in the house, right? My feeble ideas wouldn't be any help to him.
In response to Shadowdarke
I dont know about better, but i like helping people as much as the next.
In response to Shadowdarke
And, no one's ideas are feeble, they can always help to an extent depending on skill after all, im just a helper and a game maker, not a supreme of byond, so no idea can be "Feeble" to me. Just some may be un helpful.
In response to SonVegitto
un helpful?

Un is not a word. For future reference, the word you are looking for is "unhelpful"

Good day.