ID:154428

I have a few small custom chatacter codes under mob login and im currently using Deadron's char handling, but when i seem to make my map larger then 150 X 150 it locks up and chooses not to load. and i have 2 z coordinates.. i hear that DBZ Ultriment has an extremely large map and it looks like alott under login.. If someone would be so kind that is advanced in this coding, would they possibly help show me an alternate login and save command that would free space to allow a really large map.
my map is 500X500X5, i have no problems, not even with saving and loading!

--FIREking
In response to FIREking
Maybe thats why your game is 5Mb :)

but its well worth it FIREking :)

best game i have ever played by far, and atm nothing can stop your game coz it rules :)
In response to Evil_SSJ4Vegeta
Evil_SSJ4Vegeta wrote:

best game i have ever played by far, and atm nothing can stop your game coz it rules :)

I know what could stop it...A band of FireKing eating monkeys thats what.
my map is 114 x 114 x 50. for the real world only..

when it gets done, i hope yall enjoy it
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Evil_SSJ4Vegeta wrote:

I know what could stop it...A band of FireKing eating monkeys thats what.

lol, Nadrew you really are amusing :)

only thing is...what will happen when the FIREking monkeys go crazy?, for all we know they will eat us...NOOOOOOOOO!!!

lol
No.
only thing is...what will happen when the FIREking monkeys go crazy?, for all we know they will eat us...NOOOOOOOOO!!!

No, they'll eat FIREking. They're FIREking-eating-monkeys, aren't they?

It'd be pointless to assume that FK-em's (that just sounds naughty) would eat anything but FIREking. Thus, whether or not they are successful, they will eventually starve to death.
I wish to make a game with a 500x500 map or anyhing above 200x200 but i need help as to how i will do this without it freezing. i know it takes time to load, but it passes the 5-6 minute mark and still has no progress. can you give me an example of your saving and loading that i could use to make this map huge and still playable?
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:

No, they'll eat FIREking. They're FIREking-eating-monkeys, aren't they?

It'd be pointless to assume that FK-em's (that just sounds naughty) would eat anything but FIREking. Thus, whether or not they are successful, they will eventually starve to death.

hehe, very true Spuzzum, I wonder what i can call the monkeys while they are starving to death (hahahahaha)
In response to SonVegitto
Example:

obj/var
ox
oy
oz
proc/saveworld()
var/savefile/F = new("world.save")
var/list/L = new
for(var/obj/O in world)
O.ox = O.x
O.oy = O.y
O.oz = O.z
L += O
F[""] << L

proc/loadworld()
var/list/L = new
if(!L) return
for(var/obj/O in world)
if(isturf(O.loc))
del(O)
for(var/obj/O in L)
O.loc = locate(O.ox, O.oy, O.oz)

world/New()
..()
loadworld()
world/Del()
saveworld()
..()

this code saves all objects and loads all objects with a pretty high speed.

the only thing i suggest to you is make sure that your map consists of no objects, you you will get duplicates, the only way to prevent that is to set a variable for those objects, and make it so they cant be saved, like so

obj/var
ox
oy
oz
savable = 1
proc/saveworld()
var/list/L = new
for(var/obj/O in world)
if(O.savable == 1)
O.ox = O.x
O.oy = O.y
O.oz = O.z
L += O
F[""] << L

proc/loadworld()
var/list/L = new
if(!L) return
for(var/obj/O in world)
if(isturf(O.loc))
del(O)
for(var/obj/O in L)
O.loc = locate(O.ox, O.oy, O.oz)

world/New()
..()
loadworld()
world/Del()
saveworld()
..()

now just go through, and set the ones you DONT want saves to savable = 0, and leave the defualt setting the way i have it. Listing the things you dont want saved is much shorter than listing all the objects you want saved.

--FIREking