ID:154558

i run my own Byond server, how do i kick or ban people from it
is there a way?
On 5/24/01 4:42 pm Ravage wrote:
is there a way?

To my knowledge, the only way to do so is to create admin commands and set up your BYOND games to give those commands only to you. For instance, you might have a kick() verb like this:

verb
kick(player as mob)
if (usr.key != "Ravage")
usr << "You're not an admin!"
return;
else
world << "[player] was kicked by [usr]!"
del (player.client)
del (player)

I'm not actually sure whether you'd need to del() the mob or the client or both, but at any rate there shouldn't too much harm in doing 'em both (so long as you do them in the order above). There's also probably far, far better ways to go about putting in admin functions, but this is a very simple and easy to implement one.
is there a way?

Assuming you're using DBEO without the source code, no. Otherwise, yes.

Look in the Libraries section.
In response to Leftley
On 5/24/01 5:01 pm Leftley wrote:
is there a way?

To my knowledge, the only way to do so is to create admin commands and set up your BYOND games to give those commands only to you. For instance, you might have a kick() verb like this:

verb
kick(player as mob)
if (usr.key != "Ravage")
usr << "You're not an admin!"
return;
else
world << "[player] was kicked by [usr]!"
del (player.client)
del (player)

I'm not actually sure whether you'd need to del() the mob or the client or both, but at any rate there shouldn't too much harm in doing 'em both (so long as you do them in the order above). There's also probably far, far better ways to go about putting in admin functions, but this is a very simple and easy to implement one.

aight well thanx for the help