ID:1549771

(See the best response by Ter13.)
Code:

Problem description: I am trying to make an oregon trail type game, where a single sprite walks in place, and the map scrolls, it would be nice to have it randomly output the OpenRoad icons I am making, and have it scroll infinately, that would be half of my game!

Best response
In terms of BYOND, the less moving objects you have at once, the easier things are going to be for you.

You can either choose to scroll dozens of tiles, or one mob.

Odds are, it's going to be much easier to move the mob, rather than make the map look like its scrolling. Although, you can use parallax tricks by using background layers and scrolling them at differential speeds, just making them appear beneath the ground tiles.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
In terms of BYOND, the less moving objects you have at once, the easier things are going to be for you.

You can either choose to scroll dozens of tiles, or one mob.

Odds are, it's going to be much easier to move the mob, rather than make the map look like its scrolling. Although, you can use parallax tricks by using background layers and scrolling them at differential speeds, just making them appear beneath the ground tiles.

Thank you so much! Could you possibly point me to an example of parallax tricks?