ID:155377

Basically, I'll make this a little more clear.

I want it so that when someone clicks download and hosts it, they get powers automatically, but nobody else will except the ones I want coded in, of course.

I'm tempted to think it's world/New() that I should put in for giving them verbs and have a variable so it will be like:
var/Host=1
world/New()
for(var/mob/M in world)
if(M)
if(Host==1)
M.verbs += typesof(/mob/Host/verb)
else
return

Would that be the correct way to add someone's host verbs for a game when they host it using Dream Seeker instead of having to manually code their name in?
Lige wrote:
> //client/New() or mob/Login()
> if(src.key==world.host) src.verbs+=typesof(/mob/Host/verb)
>

Awesome! Thanks!
In response to Narutorox123456
if(src.address==world.host)
src.verbs+=typesof(/mob/Host/verb)
var/list/Owners=list()

world
hub="Your Hub"
New()
..()
Owners.Add("Your Key")
Owners.Add("Another Dude's Key")
//keep going til your whole staff is added!

//then use this with your login
if(Owners.Find(key))
verbs+=typesof(/mob/Host/verb)
//and you don't have to check everyone's key at the login!

This is something I use alot. Hope it works for you!
In response to Yusuke13
What if you're hosting using dream daemon?
In response to Neimo
Wow, I didn't know people were still posting here. That is a good question "What if you are hosting in Dream Daemon?" Well my first reply would be an answer to how to do that (by what I'm guessing)
In response to Neimo
I edited it a bit. It'll still work.
In response to Narutorox123456
Hosting in Dream Daemon won't affect it. Take another look at the snippet I provided, I altered it a little, and I'm not sure if you saw the edited version.
In response to Yusuke13
I'm assuming he's trying to set whomever runs or hosts the game receives host verbs.

Yusuke, you're only creating an owner list and modifying it( which is not needed ) at world/New(), when it could simply be this way:

var/list/staff_roster = list( "Key" , "Key" , "Key" )

If so, he isn't trying to make a staff list, but a host moderator, or whatever he wants to call it.

Using <small>world.host</small>-the key whomever is hosting the world-is what he was probably searching for.

Also, you can simplify your world/New() snippet by doing this:

list.Add( "A" , "B" , "C" )
In response to Neimo
There's a million ways to do anything. It really comes down to your style. I broke it down the way I did, because I felt it was more explanatory.

But yeah, you're right.