ID:155540

Ok ya, I'm probably a noob for asking this... But how would one go about creating a battle system like the ones from Pokemon emerald - diamond. I have no Idea where to start, and I don't have an easy time making HuD's...
Well simple, write out what you think the "battle" would consist of. Take it in small chunks and work it out.
In response to Flame Sage
To begin with, Moves, the Fighters themselves, the HP, the Items, But it all includes HuD, which again, I am no good at, especially when calling the specific objects up. If there is something like this in a guide somewhere it would be much appreciated if someone could link me.
In response to Thelavaking
There won't be a guide to do exactly what your asking.
But there's is a guide to teach you how to build each system individually, it's kind of like legos.

http://www.byond.com/docs/guide/
In response to Flame Sage
Preciate it sage, maybe I'll look at that old thing later, Really tired as am however.
In response to Thelavaking
You can easily do HUDS via putting objects on client.screen_loc and then of course in the objects set there scree_loc where you put Ex.Density.
In response to Tobirachi
Please ignore this. He either does not know what he is talking about or is terrible at explaining it.

Once you understand the basics of a HUD, it gets very easy.
hud_objects
parent_type = /obj
test_thing_1
icon = 'blabla.dmi'
icon_state = "test_thing_1"
screen_loc = "1,1" //This puts it at the bottom left corner of the screen.
//You can also do screen_loc = "SOUTHWEST to NORTHEAST", which would repeat the tile over the whole
//screen. For example, a black 32x32 icon, using this screen_loc, would turn their whole screen
//black when added to the client.screen.
var/player_huds = list("test_thing_1" = new/hud_objects/test_thing_1)

client/New()
..()
for(var/v in player_huds)
screen += player_huds[v]

I am unaware of your knowledge level of DM, so ask questions if you do not know what any of this code does.
In response to Albro1
Ooooh. I never thought to add HUDs as a list! Thanks for pointing out that clever trick :D

On Topic: I think that the opening post is about making combat similar to Fint's Pokemon Citrine. Where you enter combat, and the entire screen changes to the classic Pokemon Battle scene.
In response to Lugia319
That seems fairly simple. A few interface changes(if necessary) and some HUDs, and you are set.