ID:1557534

Keywords: host, linux, ssh
Code:
bbbr:~/byond # DreamDaemon -version
-bash: /usr/local/bin/DreamDaemon: No such file or directory

I'm having trouble putting a game online, when I put in prutty DreamDaemon -version or DremDaemon --version it says-bash: / usr / local / bin / DreamDaemon: No such file or directory:

Install byond first, there is a sticky post here with step by step instructions on how to do it.
The issue here is an amd64 one, where you need appropriate 32 bit libraries. What version and distribution of linux do you have?
I changed the OS to Debian, the problem was solved
Quite a drastic way to solve something that may have required one command. But if it works, it works.
I'm now having the same problem, I'm using Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.13.0-43-generic x86_64). Changing to Debian is unfortunately not an easy option
As Stephen said,you need the 32 bit libraries on the 64 bit architecture.

BYOND sadly doesn't have a 64 bit version.

@Hugo14453 try

sudo apt-get install ia32-libs
Well, unfortuantely I was told that ia32-libs doesn't exist anymore because it was replaced by something or other, so I installed a 32bit of the same version of ubuntu.

And I was met with a different error when attempting to launch DreamDaemon... :(
DreamDaemon: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.12' not found (required by /root/byond/bin/libbyond.so)
ia32-libs was just replaced with you installing the 32 bit versions of relevant libraries, like so: http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1441860#comment7813355

What version of Ubuntu are you using? It reads like the glibc package is perhaps a little too new on that version.

Also what is the output of:

ldd -v /root/byond/bin/DreamDaemon
I just checked what version I was using, it was 10.04 instead of 12.04 -_-. I'm installing 12.04 32bit now
Ok, everything's fine now. I reinstalled Linux 12.04 32bit.
Used "apt-get install unzip"
Installed byond
Used sudo make install
Extracted the server file
Used DreamDaemon Baystation12.dmb trusted

Everything works fine, thanks for your help :)
Why are you using such an old version of Ubuntu?

You mentioned prior you were using 14.04 64bit, ia32-libs should work on that version.