ID:155844

So, Yeah, I've been trying to make it so you can drive a vehicle by entering the vehicle, and for example, a clipper, there be a mast and you hit drive, but so far I have not been able to connect the drive verb to the specified ship without issues.
the way i always did vehicles was. make a obj/car that has a Get_In verb. When the verb is ran it del the obj/car and sets the usr icon to that cars icon. and you can + or - verbs at that time...
In response to Kylemark
But then you would have to keep deleting and creating cars.
In response to ExPixel
yes when you get out you create one no big deal..
In response to Kylemark
What if you had manipulated the icon of one of the vehicles somehow, or a certain variable...I suggest just putting the user in the objects contents and making the object move via client/North, South, East, West, ect.
In response to ExPixel
If any of you has ever played DB Finale, like their ships, I want to get into it and Drive it from the inside.
In response to Thelavaking
not sure what db finale is... but you can make the player go to another z level that can look like the inside of the car but doing 3d type graphics for driving on byond doesnt work so well, its not impossible but...
In response to Kylemark
You don't know what Dragon Ball Finale is? Dragon Ball Zee? Dragon Ball Pheonix?
I don't do anime, couldn't find a screenshot on google either send me a link and i can let you know...
In response to Kylemark
Kylemark wrote:
I don't do anime, couldn't find a screenshot on google either send me a link and i can let you know...

If you're talking about the link to the game, http://www.byond.com/games/Dragonn/DBF
screenshot of the driving your talking about... is what i meant
In response to Kylemark
Also the problem with creating a new vehicle each time you get out is if you want the vehicle to have dynamic variables such as fuel.. You would have to set the vars everytime..
That's a problem I'm having.
I think what was said about having the user added to the contents of the vehicle's obj would be what the OP and I are both looking for.
However, how do you set the object to move after you are inside of it?

I'm also trying to use trailers, with some success, bu tI know there has to be an easier and more sound way than the way I am doing.
In response to Kristof
You can make the players icon invisible and then just have the car move with the player