ID:156345

hello again. i have a verb called "global_say" as a verb. how would i set a button so that when the button is clicked the verb is activated?
and how could i put an input box so that when something is typed, the message would appear on the output box as a message to everybody (as in global_say)?

when i edit the button, im setting the command to:
global_say()
but when i click the button, im getting an error saying "unrecognized or inaccessible verb"

and when im editing the input box but when something is typed there i want it to come out as a global message the same way the verb would do it. i set the default command to global_say "

similar error. im new to skinning, since i wasnt around when it was first introduced. its been a while since i used dream maker. there are so many new things. =[
i havent found any skinning tutorials that were too helpful either.

thanks for your help.
You want to set your button's command to "global_say" (without quotes) and your input's command to "global_say" (without quotes).

If you want the words "global_say" to appear in your input box (ie so players can delete them and call another command), then you should set the input's command to "!global_say" instead (again, without quotes)

A good place to start with learning skin's is Lummox Jr's Making skins in BYOND 4.0 article.

After that, the Skin Reference is a good resource.
In response to DarkCampainger
mob/verb/global_say(msg as text)
world << output("[usr] : [msg]")

the button's command is set to
"global_say" without quotes

when clicked:
Unrecognized or inaccessible verb: global_say
In response to JaiZo
you need to type it as : global-say. not global_say.
In response to Narutostory
Narutostory wrote:
you need to type it as : global-say. not global_say.

Doh! My bad. That's right, underscores convert to spaces in a verb's name, which you have to replace with dashes when accessing it through the interface.
In response to DarkCampainger
working. thanks so much guys, help appreciated.
=]

-JaiZo