ID:1563535

wait im still having the sam problem i followed everything sep by step.. im getting the. BYOND hub reports port 58726 cannot be reached by players.

A firewall or router may be interfering with your connection. For information on hosting worlds through a firewall or router, please visit BYOND Help or portforward.com.... ????

Jeremy046692 wrote:
wait im still having the sam problem i followed everything sep by step.. im getting the. BYOND hub reports port 58726 cannot be reached by players.

A firewall or router may be interfering with your connection. For information on hosting worlds through a firewall or router, please visit BYOND Help or portforward.com.... ????
*What* steps have you done?

step 1 port stsic ip complete
step 2 host game complete
step 3 players join your game fail connection. why?
i have every opnion for public enabled.
Jeremy, in your windows firewall when hosting with Dream Daemon, look for dreamdaemon.exe check the box for private, for Dream Seeker, look for dreamseeker.exe and do the same.

Despite it being listed as private/public, the options aren't quite straight-forward...the option refers to the type of network you have setup/are connected with...not to the amount of access it has(public doesn't mean internet access, and private doesn't mean local network access)

The settings are used in such a way that you can tell certain apps(such as email) that when you use a network in a public place(such as connected to wifi) if the app can access the internet.

And private(at home/with network sharing and everything) checkbox is used to allow it to access the internet for that app when at home.

***This may not be where your issue is, but hopefully you understand...you should check both boxes and test if it works then.

You didn't forget to port forward either, right? Using a manual port # and a static ip isn't enough, you still need to use port forwarding...or maybe you didn't set it up properly as per your router...the internal ip address(the static ip) should be setup for your port forwarding, and for external, your internet ip address(or left blank if allowed, which will automatically default to the external ip address)

If you use the internal IP address in both sections, only others in your house can join...also don't use port triggering, as that doesn't seem to work with BYOND.
ok i see what you mean. how can i do screen shots? to show you because my assumption is my steps were all wrong.but thnx ill retry everything
You forgot to forward the port you're trying to run the game on, perhaps? You didn't mention doing that step.
how to find and assign a port?
im hosting thnx for all the help =]