ID:1564106

Keywords: extractor, hack, rsc
(See the best response by LordAndrew.)
guys, im kinda new in byond and im creating a naruto game with original icons and codes, and today, a friend of mine told me he was able to get my icons and codes with a rsc extractor '-'. Byond really suck that much? and if it do, is there anyway to protect my game from that extractor? please answer.
Best response
The RSC extractor (if it's the widespread one from years ago) isn't able to extract code from your game—it only extracts resources from the resource cache (icons and sound files). On top of that, security measures were built into the resource cache years ago to prevent it from working.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about people trying to steal your assets, as there isn't any good way to ultimately prevent it. Even if they can't just extract them from the resource cache, they can always take screenshots in-game and steal your art that way. It's just something that plagues all games, even professional ones made by large companies.
In response to LordAndrew
yes you are right, but hey, do you know if other people can rip my codes without my permission with a program like that? i wouldnt like that D:
Odds are, if someone told you that, they are a liar.

There are only a small handful of people that have the technical ability to manufacture a DMB decompiler, and those people are far and away too intelligent to release them for public consumption.

On top of that, your decompiled game would not be useful to anyone because the process of compilation effectively destroys the original state of your source code while translating it.

An RSC extractor is not a big deal. I wrote one myself a long time ago, and frankly, if you don't want your graphics stolen from you, don't release a game. If your graphics are made available in visible format, they can be taken. Don't worry about it. It's a non-issue.
In response to Ter13
thanks, im more tranquil now ^^ is just that i really work hard on my icons, but i guess is hopeless hahaha, thanks anyway.