ID:1564246

Keywords: experience, life
What are the things you most like to expierence in life? Why do you think you like them?
I like to expierence a lot of things. I don't know why I think I like them, though.
Being high. Cause its great.
Making money, buy my own crap.
Programming, cause its fun.
Driving, cause I can go fast and go see friends.
Sex cause it feels good.
Family/Friends cause they love me.
Being Happy and not having a routine life. I have had ideas of becoming a traveler. And now while writing this I had an idea to earn pretty good amount from Pixel Art to become a traveler maybe.
Having friends is honestly the most important thing in life.
How do you travel from pixel art? lol.

I agree with @Flysbad
Old people want things too. I'm waiting for my kids to get a little older, so I can torture them like my parents did me. Maybe take away their internet access or make them play outside..*Shudder*.

Other than that, I am either looking at starting a company or becoming a Data Architect for a company with a lot of data. Scrubbing not so amazing data and making an amazing data warehouse from it would be a great way to leave a mark.
Sitting down with a few good friends and chatting over some beer or wine. Not getting drunk, just chatting over a drink or two.

Not to sound overly profound or anything, but having good friends that I can share great times with and have honest talks with about life is a wonderful thing. I'll take that any day over sex, drugs, food, and money.
In response to Fugsnarf
Fugsnarf wrote:
Not to sound overly profound or anything, but having good friends that I can share great times with and have honest talks with about life is a wonderful thing. I'll take that any day over sex, drugs, food, and money.

This. (:

In response to Fugsnarf
Fugsnarf wrote:

This is about as true as it gets.
I really like to expierence chases and surprising people. The look on there faces and their body language is always so unplanned and extreme if you get then good. And with a good chase most people run like the devil is after them with a pitchfork.
In response to Fugsnarf
Fugsnarf wrote:
Sitting down with a few good friends and chatting over some beer or wine. Not getting drunk, just chatting over a drink or two.

Anything specific you like to expierence with friends more then others?

Hm, I ask all this because I'm trying to find at least three things that work as a category for things people like to experience. Three so that if one still has people who dislike it I can still have something for those individuals and the third for those who don't like experiencing the first two.

But from what I gather here I should focus on as many experiences I understand in detail to deliver a quality interactive experience

Guess I got to study some proverbs then fill in the blanks for stuff I'm not sure on yet, (Solomon did it saw it all and talked about the results and stuff.)

Thanks for the responses
Yut Put wrote:
i say "unfortunately" because it's a roller-coaster existence that is rarely fed off of self-satisfaction. for example, developing E:L was a wonderful experience for me, but at the same time it was the worst psychological thing i've ever done to myself. there's this constant pressure of having to make sure everything is right, but because it's an art form you have to try your best to just figure out what's the most "right" for everyone, and that's kind of an impossible thing to do.

I sometimes forget too that you can't please everyone. My Mom is optimistic but my Dad is probably the most negative person about it. He doesn't like anything that's risky, and game development is definitely a risk. He doesn't want me spending time taking risks. The only things he condones is the traditional "go to school, get a job, and slave yourself to retirement age". However he doesn't understand that it's not the 70-80s anymore. College doesn't guarantee anything in this day and age. There are an increasing number of graduates who are qualified but cannot find jobs. My Mom has a friend at her job who says her son went to ITT Tech, but has a job bagging groceries because of the sheer amount of competition for the type of job he wants.

And job security is also a joke nowadays. My Mom strictly works at hospitals because she thought hospitals were "job security". And at one time, they probably were. But the hospital just announced they are outsourcing and terminating like, 2500 employees. She's one of them. Come September, she will be jobless. This is not some random hospital, this is Vanderbilt, which AFAIK was supposed to be the largest employer in middle TN. If one of the largest employers in the entire state can't offer you job security, what does that say about all the rest?

It's 2014. People need to get with the times and face reality. There are no guarantees. EVERYTHING is a risk now. With competition, outsourcing, and just general douchebaggery from the government and large business owners being at an all time high, I no longer think that we should be bashing kids who don't aspire to go to college for four years and instead want to jump right into the real world and attempt to be their own boss so they can avoid all this non-sense.

and handle the stress

Good luck explaining that game development involves stress to people who aren't game developers. It just amazes me when I tell someone I make games, and they give me that "Make games? Pfft." look. People still see game development as "Just slap some graphics on a level, add some music, and you have a game." They don't have the slightest clue as to what goes into it. All the hours of mind-wracking testing, drawing, coming up with concepts, taking entire systems out and re-doing them from scratch, trying to gather feedback, sending rage emails to the creators of whatever engine you're using demanding better documentation and more features. And that's just the development part. Now get ready to promote your crap. YouTube trailers, promo banners, begging for Twitter and Facebook followers, submitting your game to various sites hoping they accept you, copy/pasting your game link on every indie game forum known to mankind, asking the people that did play it to leave ratings, like seriously, the next person to imply that making games is easy, I'm going to shove my foot up their...

Basically, it's just a case of not being understood. The only people who understand are other game developers. We're not normal creatures. We're people who sit in our dark bedroom for hours on end, with our headsets on bumping Carly Rae Jepsen, scrolling through hundreds of lines of code trying to figure out why a certain boss encounter doesn't trigger once the player walks into the last level of a dungeon. Meanwhile the average guy wakes up, goes to class, then heads to a football game with his lady friend, after which he goes to a party and gets wasted, and finally passes out 2AM. They can't understand us and we can't understand them.

Which is cool. They don't have to understand us. Just as long as they buy our games. :D