ID:1564362

Not a bug
BYOND Version:506
Operating System:Windows 8
Web Browser:Firefox 29.0
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
For some reason, despite having one year and six months on my membership left listed in the pager, I'm getting ads when I join games.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1: Connect as a Member to a game.
2: See ad.
3: Go 'What'.

Expected Results:
Not to see a ad since I have one year and six months left on my membership.

Actual Results:
Roughly, mentally going "Why am I look at a ad?"

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Every time
In other user accounts?
Not testable, no other member accounts.
On other computers?
Not testable anymore, but did not get ads on my old Vista Computer.
Is your pager configured to hide ads if you're a Member? Do you see the option to hide ads or does the ad say at the top "Become a BYOND Member to hide ads"? If the latter text appears, it would suggest Dream Seeker is not communicating with the pager and therefore not able to verify your key.

One way you can check this is to create a small test project in Dream Maker with simple icons, and run that .dmb file by hitting Ctrl+R. (Make sure the pager is online first.) When you mouse over your icon you should see yourself listed as a guest, not as your account, if this is the case. Also, if you hit F1 to bring up Options & Messages, it should have some messages about whether Dream Seeker had any success contacting the pager. I'd like to see a copy of what Options & Messages says.
..D'oh. Sorry about this thread then. I simply forgot to set the 'do not show ads'. I forgot that was even a OPTION when I installed byond on this new computer.
No problem. Glad to know this wasn't a bug.
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not a bug)