ID:156463

I'm working on my Drag & Drop inventory system, theres a problem! If I MouseDrag() an object and MouseDrop() it outside of the game window, my inventory system goes belly up! The MouseDrop() isn't being picked up by my game and therefore I can't control what happens. How do I keep control of MouseDrop() when dropping something outside the game window? Obviously, it's not a feature of my game to throw items out of the game window and I want it so when I drop the object out the window, the item will reappear back in the bag or wherever I dragged it from.

How can I solve this problem? Thanks in advance!
Farkas wrote:

This would be better suited in Code Problems, considering you aren't using a safe-check such as if (!over_location).
In response to Maximus_Alex2003
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
Farkas wrote:

This would be better suited in Code Problems, considering you aren't using a safe-check such as if (!over_location).

I posted in "How-To" sheerly because I don't know where to start. I've tried if(!over_location) to no avail, the problem being when the left mouse button is released outside of the game window, the mouse procs aren't being picked up.

[edit]
I've played around with some code and I've got a work around, I'll take your advice and move this to code problems.