ID:156819

I coded in a next turf so when you click it it will bring you to my clan selection screen. But for some reason, either my code is wrong, or my map is bugged? here's the code:

turf
Nextscreen
Click()
usr.loc = locate(102,9,3)

I click it, and then it just shows black, like I didn't even map the clan select screen, even though I did. So how would I fix, it, or is it a bug or something?

There are multiple things that could be wrong. Are you toying with your client's view in any of your code? Are you 100% sure that, when you have your mob move, on your map you have what you need there? That sounds like it could be the most likely issue. Also, do you have layers set up properly with your clan selection screen so that it is higher up? Also, are you sure in the icon files for your clan selection screen that the icon_state and icons both match what you want them to? Check all of this, post any other code up that you think could cause the issue such as loading a file, changing your view, or changing your mob.
In response to Darkjohn66
I'm not really a coder but I can do easy stuff,, here's one I think messes with the view? I also don't have a layer set on that screen tho, so that might be it?

view=14

turf
New
Click()
usr.NewChar()
usr.client.eye = locate(70,8,3)

turf
Finish
Click()
if(usr.Village == "Konohagakure")
usr<<"You were born into Konohagakure"
if(usr.Village == "Kirigakure")
usr<<"You were born into Kirigakure"
if(usr.Village == "Sungakure")
usr<<"You were born into Sunagakure"
if(usr.clan=="None")
usr<<"You haven't which Clan you'd like to be born in."
return
if(usr.Village=="")
usr<<"You haven't chosen which village you'd like to be a resident of."
return
usr.loc = locate(36,21,3)
world<<"<font color = Yellow>[usr]([usr.key]) has logged in."
usr.Element = pick("Fire","Wind","Lightning","Earth","Water")
usr.client.eye = usr
usr.Get_Hud()
usr.cansave = 1

turf
NLD
icon = 'NLD.png'

CharSelect
icon = 'CharacterCreate/CharacterSelection.png'

VillClan
icon = 'ClanVillageSelection.png'

None of those^, have layers, but the first 2 screens work.

flick('BaseW.dmi',usr)
flick("HyuugaHits",usr)

#if DM_VERSION >= 470
world/map_format = TILED_ICON_MAP
#endif

mob = /mob/usr

That's about all I can find, I don't know If I'm allowed to say this, but if you want to see more(for helping purposes), I have Teamviewer so you can see my screen.
In response to Chaorace
Hmm, I am not sure exactly what is wrong, maybe if a more skilled programmer comes across it they can help you out. What I don't understand is why you are changing your client.eye, it is not like you are viewing a map, you need to use what is in the next area, it would be simpler in a new programmer's aspect just to move the mob. Also, not to be a buzz kill, but it is a little overambitious to attempt to create a Naruto game when you are first learning programming, may I suggest the beginner tutorials located under Developer<Articles?
In response to Chaorace
I figured it out, it's because the New code was client.eye lol. But Iw anted it so u cudnt see ur character when U switched to clan screen
In response to Darkjohn66
Are you suppose to use client.eye, because my login screen has a character creation a tadbit like GOA's where you click on your base etc, but if I use Usr.loc = locate(x,y,z) you will see your base Icon on the clan selection screen, which I don't want you to see the base on that screen. Is there any other way?
In response to Chaorace
Yes, you can make your icon_state blank, or you can increase the layer of the object that is supposed to be above your mob.