ID:156823

My icon game Jump Icon Stars keeps having a lag problem, how do I fix it?
You have to compile in debug mode for the profiler to work.

Garthor wrote:
Run your world, press F1 to open up Options and Messages, go to Server -> Profile... and hit Refresh. That'll show you what's using time on the CPU. The column you're interested in is "CPU Time" and to a lesser degree "Calls".

After you know what procs are the culprit, post them.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
You have to compile in debug mode for the profiler to work.

Garthor wrote:
Run your world, press F1 to open up Options and Messages, go to Server -> Profile... and hit Refresh. That'll show you what's using time on the CPU. The column you're interested in is "CPU Time" and to a lesser degree "Calls".

After you know what procs are the culprit, post them.

Sorry about the delay, my computer internet didn't work for a while there... so anyways here are the things that pop up on Login:

Proc |Self CPU|Total CPU|Real Time|Calls
/mob/verb/Press_Enter| 0.000| 0.484| 3.641| 1
mob/proc/LoadPlayer| 0.484| 0.484| 3.641| 1
/sound/New| 0.000| 0.000| 0.000| 4
/client/North| 0.000| 0.000| 0.000| 5
/proc/status_change| 0.000| 0.000| 0.000| 17
/proc/UPDATE_PLAYERS| 0.000| 0.000| 0.000| 17
mob/proc/SaveK| 0.000| 0.000| 0.000| 1

Every time I add one to the ones that say 17 it keeps going up by one when I refresh the profiling and when I try to update it it keeps going up by one.
In response to Narutorox123456
You would have to refresh profiling after encountering lag, so that you would see where the bottleneck happens to be located.
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
You would have to refresh profiling after encountering lag, so that you would see where the bottleneck happens to be located.

Well I found out by what I had showed you that it was the update players and status change that caused it... Thanks for telling me about profiling
Schnitzelnagler wrote:

I deleted the procs that were making the game lag and I fixed some errors and when I go back on the game (Close and press CTRL+R) it just lags and when I click refresh on profiling it shows nothing. Help
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Garthor wrote:

I don't have a column named CPU Time, but I do have Self CPU, Total CPU, and Real Time. Not sure which is the important one, but I assume Total CPU?
In response to CockroachJr
That was me mis-remembering. It's the two CPU times (Self and Total) that are interesting, as opposed to Real Time.