ID:1568898

Keywords: hamachi, help, hosting, ss13
(See the best response by Sir Lazarus.)
I'm trying to host a Space Station 13 server with Hamachi, but I can't figure out how to set the IP for my friends to connect to.
I don't know if this is a problem with Space Station 13 or BYOND. I used to be able to host with no problems or specific configurations around August in 2013, but now when I try, no one can connect and it's using my public IP instead of my Hamachi IP.
Best response
AFAIK there is no specific property about the BYOND suite that would cause it to ignore IP addresses. Games are always hosted on all available IP's which should include your Hamachi IP.

Things you can try:
  • Make sure Hamachi is running and that people are connecting using the Hamachi IP address and not your public IP address.
  • If you have a firewall/router: Check that it's not preventing people from connecting. Note that there is a Windows Firewall which is built-in and enabled by default. I found that the firewall in Windows 8 (though earlier versions may apply too) blocks all incoming connections if the network the connections are coming from is marked as "public". Try to temporarily disable the firewall and see if that helps. If it does, you'll need to add a firewall rule.
  • Make sure you're not blocking connections in Dream Daemon. If it's set to invite-only then it will block players who aren't on the list. You'll find this setting under the "privacy" tab.
The problem isn't that they can't connect, it's that Dream Daemon/BYOND isn't using the Hamachi IP.
I don't know if it's SS13 specific, I just need help setting Dream Daemon's hosting IP to my Hamachi IP.